Author Topic: Are there other Aspies that me?  (Read 2812 times)
DimBulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #30 on: September 26, 2023, 02:02:43 PM » Author: DimBulb
I could be on the borderline. I do know that I am not really good at socializing and I am shy. And don’t have a warm charisma.
Hey Dave, You seem like a cool dude with a good sense of humor in person!

My very first word was LIGHT!

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #31 on: September 26, 2023, 02:05:48 PM » Author: Molly
Diagnosed with it in 2005. I'm low on the spectrum but it's still noticable.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

VPL

View Posts
View Gallery
VPL come from my name, not english accronym :)

Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #32 on: September 26, 2023, 09:39:22 PM » Author: VPL
Most bad symptom to me is the anxiety. Routines are rigid and if routine is distrupted some way the anxiety kick's in. If i know that in the near future happens something the way that i didn't planned myself, it cause anxiety to be worse until the situation is over. Good thing is that i have medications (Venlafaxine, Diazepam, Quetiapine). These helps me a lot. But routines still persist. Anxiety too, but it is much milded to experience. Other symptoms include fatigue. If i make some day very much hard work, i must rest least two days after. Not funny.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 10:05:26 PM by VPL » Logged

VPL come from my name, not english accronym :)

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #33 on: September 26, 2023, 10:48:35 PM » Author: Molly
My anxiety is terrible and prevents me from doing the stuff I love most. It's a huge struggle for me and it adds even more that I had a tough childhood and I also suffer from PTSD.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #34 on: September 27, 2023, 10:03:37 AM » Author: Silverliner
Hey Dave, You seem like a cool dude with a good sense of humor in person!

Hey Henry, I’m just shy but I’ll open up when I feel comfortable. Always happy to visit you.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

mima

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #35 on: October 12, 2023, 08:55:08 AM » Author: mima
I don't have any clinical diagnosis, but I suspect that something is going on with my brain too. By reading some lists of the traits that are typical of autistic persons, I found that I share a good number of them (usually well above 50%), albeit I recognize that those lists can be pretty generic so that could actually mean nothing.

Anyway, I have pretty peculiar interests and some of them since I was a little kid (my interest in lighting started when I was 3/4 years old). I often struggle with nerves, anxiety, concentration, social events with a lot of people that I don't know and other things that are pretty much natural for "the average joe". But I'm in the process of learning to deal with these things. I had my good share of struggles when I was a child too, and being bullied for being fat didn't help me at all.

But if I have something, it's a mild form as besides causing me some psychological discomfort in certain situations, it does not impair my normal life in a major way. And after having lost about 27 Kg in the last three years, I gained a good number of self-esteem points (before it was very, very low) and that helps with my confidence, which is on the rise now.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 09:32:39 AM by mima » Logged

Gimme a discharge lamp and a humming ballast ;D

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies