Author Topic: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped  (Read 4874 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #60 on: January 05, 2024, 05:28:21 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Mine looks to be the same as the one HIDLad got . Mine is just WAY dirtier !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #61 on: January 06, 2024, 12:12:26 PM » Author: HIDLad001
So it would probably be a Pacific Lighting & Standard one then.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #62 on: January 12, 2024, 07:10:30 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
As far as I know, there were six different makes and models of LPS roadway luminaires that have that exact same form factor.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

rlshieldjr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #63 on: January 12, 2024, 07:31:18 PM » Author: rlshieldjr
@ AngryHorse :  Look at it this way  , would you want to live in an otherwise nice neighborhood , surrounded by equally nice houses and have one neighbor with his yard completely full of crap ?  I get why they do it . It's just the way they municpalities go about it that bothers me .  The guy in question has 1000's of streetlights stacked up like cord wood on his property . There's no way in hell he can clean that up in 30 days !  Back when I got nailed by the township , they initially gave ME 30 days . However , I was able to PEACEFULLY negotiate an extension with them after explaining to them that A) I have a full time job , B) it'll be basically just me doing the work , C) Some of what was outside was indeed good , valuable parts that just need to go inside . I also freely admitted that my yard did get WAY OUT OF CONTROL !!  In the end , my yard got a well needed cleaning and the township was happy .

Regardless of your particular situation  , you can't "pissy" with the enforcement people , you need to do your best to work with them as like it or not , they are just doing their job .
Francis has a lot of land, not sure of the actual size in acres/hectares. He said that some "Karen" had a dispute with a neighbor, he said that the neighbor didn't rat on him but the "Karen" did. He said that the code enforcement responds to complaints, not just drive around looking for violations. His parents lost their mobile home in a fire that swept through the area, I saw it. He did say that as long as he is making progress then the county will give him time.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #64 on: January 12, 2024, 08:12:03 PM » Author: joseph_125
I just got mine today, he did a great job packing it so it survived the trip here. Not sure which one I got but it has a black vinyl 9 on the ballast door. Anyway I have a picture on my gallery. Mine had the ballast still fastened but the PC socket was removed and loose. I wonder if that's how he packs them to prevent damage to the PC socket.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 08:23:28 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #65 on: January 12, 2024, 09:21:53 PM » Author: HIDLad001
Mine arrived with the PC socket removed and stowed in the gear compartment too.
I wonder if there is a difference in age between the ones with the spray-painted wattage number or the vinyl sticker wattage number. Haven’t seen a PL&S one with a real NEMA label yet though.

Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #66 on: January 12, 2024, 09:37:01 PM » Author: joseph_125
Come to think of it, I don't think anyone here got any of the ones with the spray painted wattage number, or any of the ones with the reinforced slipfitter.

Perhaps if you mentioned you wanted a plastic one, you might have gotten one of those.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #67 on: January 13, 2024, 12:49:15 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I still haven't got around to taking mine apart and giving it a good cleaning/inspection . Mine has a "normal" oil filled cap inside with a barely readable ballast label .

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #68 on: January 13, 2024, 03:36:34 PM » Author: joseph_125
Mine was like that too. I suspect yours is roughly the same age as mine (late 80s).

I wiped the glass on mine clean and gave the exterior a wipe clean. I'll have to wait until spring to take it apart and do the full clean outside. I did test it out with a 90w lamp though.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #69 on: January 13, 2024, 09:23:17 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 That's about all I've done to mine also .  Due to the current temps , mine will probably get a trip to the bathtub!

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #70 on: January 13, 2024, 10:20:43 PM » Author: HIDLad001
It was warm enough that I was able to clean mine outside. Still need to get around to repainting it though.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #71 on: January 13, 2024, 10:24:42 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 It's currently 24°F and windy here !  :o EEEK !

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #72 on: January 13, 2024, 11:29:12 PM » Author: joseph_125
That's about the same temp as it is here. Next week is gonna be a deep freeze too with lows around 10F.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #73 on: January 13, 2024, 11:39:45 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 We're supposed to have lows in the single digits !! How nice !

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #74 on: January 14, 2024, 10:54:33 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
The high here yesterday was -1 (after a low of -5)
then a low of -8 last night.. more of the same for today & tomorrow.

I lit up the fireplace late morning yesterday & kept it going all day. lol.
(purposely split up some extra firewood before this cold blast arrived)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies