Author Topic: Bulbs with black arc tubes  (Read 3975 times)
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Bulbs with black arc tubes « Reply #45 on: February 27, 2024, 07:29:53 PM » Author: 108CAM
This is an unusual case of blackening. The tube has only blackened on one side due to being a MH lamp that was burned the wrong way. More on that here.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bulbs with black arc tubes « Reply #46 on: February 28, 2024, 04:10:08 PM » Author: Philips tigkas
Well that's interesting! :)

LEDs are like an apocalypse! They slowly take over the world wiping out every other type of lamp and fixture!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Bulbs with black arc tubes « Reply #47 on: February 28, 2024, 06:39:21 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I saw this GE 101SA missing its optical assembly and had what looked to be a completely blackened GE mercury lamp.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bulbs with black arc tubes « Reply #48 on: March 04, 2024, 01:14:45 PM » Author: Philips tigkas
Today I found two 600w HPS lamps that have been pretty used. They where for free so it was worth picking them up.

LEDs are like an apocalypse! They slowly take over the world wiping out every other type of lamp and fixture!

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: Bulbs with black arc tubes « Reply #49 on: March 09, 2024, 02:20:42 PM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Have you tested them with MV gear?
I don't have the gear. I even tried a mosquito racquet circuit that was lighting up my other HIDs.
I also have a 160w SBMV with a slightly blackened arctube, lots of blackened HPS lamps and some 70w MH and PSMH lamps with great blackening.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 03:02:30 PM by LightsAreBright27 » Logged

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bulbs with black arc tubes « Reply #50 on: March 10, 2024, 02:43:09 PM » Author: Philips tigkas
O wow! That's a lot of blackening on that CMH lamp!! There is a 90% possibility that this lamp is burned. Go have it checked at your local electrician shop along with the other ones. :bulbman:

Though in the first photo this MV lamp is self ballasted, that means that it needs no gear to function, you just plug it in the wall. The tungsten filament works like a ballast! ;)

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bulbs with black arc tubes « Reply #51 on: March 14, 2024, 11:46:28 AM » Author: Philips tigkas
It's not a lamp but a starter that I have been using in my room to operate a 18w warm white fluorescent tube. :)

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: Bulbs with black arc tubes « Reply #52 on: March 14, 2024, 01:04:35 PM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Starters get blackened very quickly. I once bought a brand new one and used it for only a week testing lamps, it had blackening. After a month, it became very difficult to see through it. It still works perfectly though.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bulbs with black arc tubes « Reply #53 on: March 14, 2024, 01:26:11 PM » Author: Philips tigkas
At least they work still after being completely black. :)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies