Author Topic: Interesting Video on the Death of MV, HPS, and Neon Lighting  (Read 433 times)
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Interesting Video on the Death of MV, HPS, and Neon Lighting « on: April 01, 2024, 12:09:56 PM » Author: Maxim
A cinematographer's take on the LED takeover. Found this video through a Tom Scott newsletter.

https://youtu.be/y51VUsotZe4

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: Interesting Video on the Death of MV, HPS, and Neon Lighting « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 02:56:57 PM » Author: RRK
This is really cool movie! Impressed by in-depth technical knowledge of the author. But a cinematigrapher *has* to know everything about light!

Hope neon is not endangered in USA. Here in Astana almost all outdoor neon signs are gone now, except the letters at the entrance of Khan-Shatyr mall. Still some real neon tubes inside here and there. Some pockets of HPS streetlights remain too.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies