Author Topic: What is your favorite country to collect lighting equipment from?  (Read 333 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
What is your favorite country to collect lighting equipment from? « on: May 13, 2024, 02:41:03 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Does anybody here have a preference of which country they like to collect their lighting equipment from even if it includes your native country?

For me, even though I live in the USA, Japan is my favorite country to collect lighting equipment from because that country has a wide range of unique lamps and fixtures that cannot be found anywhere else in the world such as the wide range of mercury vapor retrofit lamps that include high pressure sodium, deluxe high pressure sodium, quartz metal halide, colored quartz metal halide, and ceramic metal halide lamps available in a wide range of wattage ratings.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

TheDischargeGuy16

View Posts
View Gallery

Electrofar forever

Re: What is your favorite country to collect lighting equipment from? « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 01:15:22 PM » Author: TheDischargeGuy16
Even though i haven't lived during communism in Romania i still like collecting old lighting and electrical stuff from that period.

LED hater since born

LightbulbManiac

View Posts
View Gallery

LightbulbManiac

Re: What is your favorite country to collect lighting equipment from? « Reply #2 on: May 26, 2024, 11:37:59 AM » Author: LightbulbManiac
Of course for me its Greece since I live there, and its easier for me to find Greek made bulbs, ballasts and fixtures that can't be found easily outside of Greece. (Except for the widespread Greek-made brass bulkheads that can be found anywhere).

If you want to see bulbs made in Greece check my Gallery.

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: What is your favorite country to collect lighting equipment from? « Reply #3 on: May 26, 2024, 06:24:23 PM » Author: Richmond2000
for me it is less of a "country" and more of certain items from countries / regions
like eastern European lanterns and LOW wattage mercury from Japan
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies