Author Topic: Language in Commentary and Site Posts  (Read 2004 times)
Mercury Man

View Gallery

Language in Commentary and Site Posts « on: July 26, 2010, 09:00:38 PM » Author: Mercury Man
Hello Everyone,

As of late, I have noticed a decline in the tact that some members have been displaying on the site, namely, in the choice of words that are used in commentary and site posts.  Though we administrators understand that members can become passionate in their opinions, there are more appropriate words that can be used to describe that passion.

To give a few examples of the "type" of language I am referring to, they are as follows:

1)  Four letter words which INFER an undesirable term through the use of a combination of letters and symbols...  (as in the word "p@$$word")
  2)  "Potty language"...it may sound humorous, but it is indeed in poor taste and quite immature.
  3)  The obvious usage of four-letter words with no censorship whatsoever.

The integrity of this site has always mattered to its administration team.  Furthermore, we have no way of knowing who is viewing the site at any given time.  I'd hate to think that a member was turned away from joining the site because of tasteless verbiage being used by members.

Going forward, comments using undesirable language will be deleted by an administrator.  Thank you in advance for your understanding and anticipated cooperation.

Brian

TudorWhiz

View Gallery

GoL
Re: Language in Commentary and Site Posts « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 12:49:23 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I totally agree with the rules....I believe in the same thing...I have edited to make sure as much words possible in my gallery page to turn into (...) whenever the words are like that....totally agree!

Good job Brian!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

DieselNut

View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Language in Commentary and Site Posts « Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 08:15:12 PM » Author: DieselNut
oops!  I have "cussed" a little, but I have kept it as clean as the requirements of the diesel site I have been a member on for many years.  I have kept it to the ones that are in the Bible.  "(...)", "(...)" and "(...)".  LOL  A lot of it is the way it is directed too.  I use them in good spirit, never directed at anyone or their lighting item they may be truly proud to have.  If I ever go "too far" yall just let me know.  I have been known to get a little carried away from time to time!  Shocked

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines