Author Topic: A Siemens SL100 lantern with a cycling HPS lamp  (Read 3333 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

A Siemens SL100 lantern with a cycling HPS lamp « on: August 27, 2010, 05:01:01 AM » Author: dor123
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z51vMW4-8m8
This lantern photographed early in the morning in 05:40 (Israel clock), and this is the reason for the blackness in this video.
This lantern uses superimposed ignitor to reignite the lamp.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:35:27 PM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A Siemens SL100 lantern with a cycling HPS lamp « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 05:53:55 AM » Author: magslight
Have you only seen one cycling ?
SuperSix

View Posts
View Gallery

ATL P42STUFF supersix94
Re: A Siemens SL100 lantern with a cycling HPS lamp « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 12:49:33 PM » Author: SuperSix
There's a supermarket near me that uses SON lamps and there's always some that cycle. Once I saw a group of 3 together all randomly cycling on and off, they seem to lack any proper maintenance staff there.

Not meaning to change the subject but have either of you two ever seen a mercury cycle?

Atlas Lamps - Seeing Is Believing!

http://www.youtube.com/user/P42STUFF

magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A Siemens SL100 lantern with a cycling HPS lamp « Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 01:00:41 PM » Author: magslight
@Eliot_240: I've never seen a MV cycling.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A Siemens SL100 lantern with a cycling HPS lamp « Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 02:13:02 PM » Author: Medved
I had one cycling, but it was more a result of an old, but not uch used lamp combined with regular mains voltage dips (from wood chopper varying load).
New lamp "survived" this without extinguishing the arc...

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: A Siemens SL100 lantern with a cycling HPS lamp « Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 04:40:22 AM » Author: dor123
@magslight: I had saw many HPS and MH lamps cycling. Several do like the lamp in this fixture and others just flashed in a fixed speed until they turned on.
I have other videos of reignitions of cycling HPS lamps in the forum.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies