Author Topic: Real NEMA's for sale!!!  (Read 2614 times)
streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Real NEMA's for sale!!! « on: October 10, 2010, 11:08:48 AM » Author: streetlight98
http://www.howard-lighting.com/Documents/Utility/1025-000164-002_UNH_ModelNumber.pdf
Howard Lighting still makes REAL NEMA heads! Nice too.

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Real NEMA's for sale!!! « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 10:53:40 AM » Author: DieselNut
NICE!!  And it is available with a GLASS lens!!

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

Re: Real NEMA's for sale!!! « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 04:54:21 PM » Author: streetlight98
Yeah! :) I have no room now, but hope some one on here gets one. Even if it's not MV, it IS a true NEMA. No one else I know offers a glass lens any more. :(

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Real NEMA's for sale!!! « Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 06:30:55 PM » Author: icefoglights
GE, AE and Hubbel all still make real NEMAs, but none of them offer glass lenses.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

form109

View Posts
View Gallery
Vintage Lighting Forever

Re: Real NEMA's for sale!!! « Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 07:36:25 PM » Author: form109
i guess Arcylic is OK....anything but Polycarbonate...that stuff yellows terribly!

Personally i think that all Lamp Bans are idiotic,the idea of telling us we cant use this lamp type just cause its less efficent is highly (...) in nature...really what good is it going to do?

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Real NEMA's for sale!!! « Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 01:48:44 AM » Author: Medved
I would not say "anything, but poycarbonate", as there are only very few plastic materials resistent to UV and the acrylic is the only one usable for transparent optics...

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Real NEMA's for sale!!! « Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 02:47:24 AM » Author: dor123
Except for the imported american roadlights and floodlights, we have no any type of lantern or fixture with glass lens. All of the fixtures for fluorescents with lenses, security lights (Globe lanterns and house number signs) and road lanterns we have in Israel have polycarbonate or simple plastic lense. Floodlights are the only non US made fixtures we have that have a glass lens.
Lanterns with glass lens are probably only made in the US. In Europe lanterns have always polycarbonate.
All of the AEG, Philips lighting Europe and Thorn lanterns we have in Haifa uses polycarbonate lenses.
I think the reason is because when a lens from a lantern drops, if it was made from glass, this may cause insulteds and damage, because of the fragments of the glass. A polycarbonate willn't cause this danger as it willn't break or will divide into only several pieces.
Also, polycarbonate which can withstand much more time then a simple plastic are much cheaper then hard glass.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:56:09 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Real NEMA's for sale!!! « Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 11:53:20 AM » Author: Medved
There are more reasons for plastic lenses:
If they have to use optic elements, the glass become thick, so at first it would be heavy and as second the glass absorb quite a lot of light, compare to e.g. acrylic. And the cost is the third major problem...

form109

View Posts
View Gallery
Vintage Lighting Forever

Re: Real NEMA's for sale!!! « Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 05:13:45 PM » Author: form109
There are more reasons for plastic lenses:
If they have to use optic elements, the glass become thick, so at first it would be heavy and as second the glass absorb quite a lot of light, compare to e.g. acrylic. And the cost is the third major problem...

excactly how does the Glass Absorb the Light?

Personally i think that all Lamp Bans are idiotic,the idea of telling us we cant use this lamp type just cause its less efficent is highly (...) in nature...really what good is it going to do?

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Real NEMA's for sale!!! « Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 05:53:41 PM » Author: Medved
If it is thicker, it may easilly absorb low 10's of percent, while acrylic of the same thickness absorb few percents only.
Thin glass plate (e.g. cover glass on FCO) is of a no problem, as it is only few mm thick, but a centimeter thick refractor make a difference...

The absorbtion is visible, when you look to a glass plate from te side - it will be green and quirte dark, while the same plate made of acrylic is fully transparent. Of course such significant green darkness is "accumulated" over high "thickness" the light has to pass trough, but still on thinner structures the difference is there and count (e.g. with acrylic you may use 360W Economy iso 400W High Output lamp necessary with glass refractor)

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Real NEMA's for sale!!! « Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 11:19:17 AM » Author: DieselNut
Can these be ordered directly from this company, or would we have to go through a dealer?  I would love to order one, with a photocell and the glass lens, with the 175 watt MH.

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

Re: Real NEMA's for sale!!! « Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 04:16:41 PM » Author: streetlight98
Can these be ordered directly from this company, or would we have to go through a dealer?  I would love to order one, with a photocell and the glass lens, with the 175 watt MH.

http://www.howard-ind.com/HowardLighting/ContactUs.aspx
Here you go DiesilNut................

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies