Author Topic: Which halides are used in the Philips CosmoWhite CPO-TW lamps?  (Read 2619 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Which halides are used in the Philips CosmoWhite CPO-TW lamps? « on: May 28, 2010, 08:29:13 AM » Author: dor123
These CMH lamps are used for street lighting and have efficiency of 118 lm/w for the 140W top wattage lamp which is higher then a regular HPS lamp of 150W. They uses PGZ12 two pin base instead of the E27 or E40 base. I don't know which halides are used in these lamps (But i know that they contains sodium iodide).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which halides are used in the Philips CosmoWhite CPO-TW lamps? « Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 12:17:41 PM » Author: dor123
Why anyone don't answers me?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which halides are used in the Philips CosmoWhite CPO-TW lamps? « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 05:08:55 PM » Author: James
This class of lamp is typically based on Cerium iodide fillings, together with sodium to control the colour point.  Cerium has not been widely used previously in other lamp types.  This chemistry when combined with the xenon filled arc tube of special dimensions to minimise thermal losses is what results in the remarkably high luminous efficacy.

Apologies for the delay in replying but I don't check this forum so often - however you can always mail me direct if you can't wait for a reply!

Best regards,

James.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which halides are used in the Philips CosmoWhite CPO-TW lamps? « Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 02:49:54 AM » Author: dor123
James: this chimestry is similar to the US Philips HPS Retrowhite CHM lamp. But the US HPS retrowhite gives higher CRI then the European CPO-TW. Why?

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which halides are used in the Philips CosmoWhite CPO-TW lamps? « Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 01:14:02 AM » Author: James
I haven't analysed the chemistry in the American version so I shall take your word for it!  However I did believe previously that the US version also had additional dysprosium iodide which is responsible for more continuum radiation and a better CRI.  The increased continuum extends into the infrared where some energy is wasted, hence the lower lamp efficacies of the American version despite their much higher wattage ratings.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which halides are used in the Philips CosmoWhite CPO-TW lamps? « Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 01:21:22 AM » Author: dor123
James, someone in GoL told me that the arctubes of the CosmoWhite CHM lamps aren't filled with xenon, but just argon.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 10:55:50 AM by dor123 » Logged

Kev

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which halides are used in the Philips CosmoWhite CPO-TW lamps? « Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 06:09:38 PM » Author: Kev
The 60W CPO works well on 70w MH gear  ;)

Voted to leave the EU and proud! 👉🏻🇪🇺🇬🇧

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies