Author Topic: Second OV-15 silverliner  (Read 5400 times)
NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Second OV-15 silverliner « on: December 24, 2006, 01:42:26 PM » Author: NiMo
I recently refurbished a second OV-15 and added it into my collection.  Now, this was formerly an OV-400 (an OV-15 with a 400 watt mercury ballast) and for a while it just sat as scrap.  Recently I acquired a Cooper 70watt HPS floodlight and tested the ballast.  This unit worked and I took the ballast and starter and mounted them into that particular Silverliner.  After plunking $18 for a mogul base 70 watt HPS lamp, it works fine.  Repainted andf with new nuts for the slipfitter, this unit looks and perfoms well. (I'd like to use it outside).

Group Replacement, Baby

NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Second OV-15 silverliner « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 06:42:58 AM » Author: NiMo
Update. I gave this particular lume and a mounting arm I made out of 1-1/2" conduit to my sister-in-law and her husband as a Christmas gift  ;D

Group Replacement, Baby

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Second OV-15 silverliner « Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 10:47:45 PM » Author: Silverliner
That's nice. What did your sister-in-law think? ;-) BTW I have a question, when did the OV-400 come out? The OV-400 would basically be the same thing as today's Cooper OVX.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Second OV-15 silverliner « Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 11:02:19 PM » Author: NiMo
That's nice. What did your sister-in-law think? ;-) BTW I have a question, when did the OV-400 come out? The OV-400 would basically be the same thing as today's Cooper OVX.
The OV-400 came out about the same time as the OV-15.  It was available as a unit package (with arm, leads, lamp, and P-cell).

Group Replacement, Baby

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Second OV-15 silverliner « Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 11:29:15 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Man Nimo you do know a lot!

Why don't you make a forum with a lot of info? esp for info that a lot of us donno..... you can name the subject "Useless but interesting Streetlight info"

;-)

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Second OV-15 silverliner « Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 08:58:02 AM » Author: NiMo
Man Nimo you do know a lot!

Why don't you make a forum with a lot of info? esp for info that a lot of us donno..... you can name the subject "Useless but interesting Streetlight info"

;-)
Well, if you go through the archives, I think I have a thread titled "Trivial Triva" posted.

Group Replacement, Baby

AE125Series
Re: Second OV-15 silverliner « Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 12:50:43 PM » Author: AE125Series
I saw a Westinghouse OV-400 on ebay last year.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies