Author Topic: Jacob's Ladder in action  (Read 2962 times)
static1701

View Posts
View Gallery

Scott

Jacob's Ladder in action « on: October 28, 2010, 05:54:08 PM » Author: static1701
Jacob's ladder in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu0rPcuC1Qw

I use real incandescent Christmas lights, miniature lights from the 70's, C6's from the 50's and modern C7's and C9's. NO ugly LED's! I don't care what it cost. Real Christmas lights and Preheat Fluorescent!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Jacob's Ladder in action « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 01:04:24 AM » Author: Medved
Too small radius on the end, so the arc tend to stay there and does not extinguish...

No more selfballasted c***

static1701

View Posts
View Gallery

Scott

Re: Jacob's Ladder in action « Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 09:56:53 AM » Author: static1701
The rods start to move and it brings the ends close like that. This was just a quick test of the transformer before I send it to DieselNut. It works better with solid rods that are heavier and don't move.

I use real incandescent Christmas lights, miniature lights from the 70's, C6's from the 50's and modern C7's and C9's. NO ugly LED's! I don't care what it cost. Real Christmas lights and Preheat Fluorescent!

bluelights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Jacob's Ladder in action « Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 06:20:55 PM » Author: bluelights
Here is a slightly larger version ;D http://www.hochspannung-bildhauerei.de/filme/170kV_waagrecht/170-kV-Jakobsleiter2.html

"The orange cloud looks like floating nuclear waste."
Save the mercury lamp

static1701

View Posts
View Gallery

Scott

Re: Jacob's Ladder in action « Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 06:59:40 PM » Author: static1701
@Bluelights: WOW!!!! What did you use to do that? Now that is impressive!

bluelights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Jacob's Ladder in action « Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 07:15:23 PM » Author: bluelights
static1701: No the video is not mine ;D It's Matthias Kallenberger, the crazy HV transformer guy... He winds his own HV transformers up to over 500kV and puts them under oil.
That video is the biggest homemade Jacob's ladder arc I know of... But he has a lot more vids on his website.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:17:12 PM by bluelights » Logged

"The orange cloud looks like floating nuclear waste."
Save the mercury lamp

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Jacob's Ladder in action « Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 11:04:08 PM » Author: DieselNut
Here is a slightly larger version ;D http://www.hochspannung-bildhauerei.de/filme/170kV_waagrecht/170-kV-Jakobsleiter2.html
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
DAMN that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies