Author Topic: How Eltam's Perfekt-Start ballast for F40T12s works (After a brief turn off)  (Read 2950 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

How Eltam's Perfekt-Start ballast for F40T12s works (After a brief turn off) « on: November 17, 2010, 01:03:06 AM » Author: dor123
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-v8hWZq_CE
The Perfekt-Start operates the upper lamp which is T12 of 40W.
The lower lamp is a T8 of 36W that also operated from a T12 40W Perfekt-Start ballast (This is why the lamp don't works), makes me easy to show you the operation of the ballast.
I bet that you willn't recognize this behavior as that of a typical rapidstart, quickstart or semi-resonant start.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:00:42 PM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

SuperSix

View Posts
View Gallery

ATL P42STUFF supersix94
Re: How Eltam's Rapidstart ballast for F40T12s works (After a brief turn off) « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 04:04:25 AM » Author: SuperSix
It just looks more like switchstart with a half dead starter. Rapid start should restrike the lamps almost instantly but you can clearly see that when you switch the light back on no cathode heating occurs for quite some time.

Atlas Lamps - Seeing Is Believing!

http://www.youtube.com/user/P42STUFF

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Eltam's Rapidstart ballast for F40T12s works (After a brief turn off) « Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 04:55:09 AM » Author: dor123
@Eliot_240: See how this rapidstart operates the lamp after a long period of turning off (Equivalent to initial turning on the lamps)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq7SfcGr998
Not different then a switchstart with an electronic starter (Like the "Pulstarter").
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:07:31 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Eltam's Rapidstart ballast for F40T12s works (After a brief turn off) « Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 12:36:04 PM » Author: Medved
In my eyes this is programmed startof an electronic starter: Heating power provided for defined time and then an ignition. And the timer is reset at (even very short) power OFF.
The Philips S10E starters i bought recently behave exactly in this way...

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Eltam's Rapidstart ballast for F40T12s works (After a brief turn off) « Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 01:33:05 PM » Author: dor123
@Medved: This post wasn't active for a long time, and during it, i discovered that these >30 years old ballasts aren't rapidstarts but Perfek-Start ballasts.
See here for more information.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies