Author Topic: Video of a fluorescent lamps turned off and back on in Carmel Hospital  (Read 5278 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Video of a fluorescent lamps turned off and back on in Carmel Hospital « on: March 09, 2010, 05:25:14 AM » Author: dor123
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYnI4fxQZ3I
This video is in the copying room in Carmel hospital's one of the warehouse room i work. I switched the lamps off and then on. All the fluorescent in this room operating with 40W/36W T12/T8 preheat ballasts with integrated electronic starters (Israelis ballasts, Shaingot "Electronic Start"), except the two 40W argon T12 lamps near the door that operated by ~30 years old vintage 40W T12 preheat ballasts that according to what Medved write to me operated with thermal switches (Integrated in this case into the ballasts, as the ballasts connected to each lamps without external starters).

Edit: The background noise is from the digital duplicator (Duplo, Japan) in this room that operated in this case.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 08:46:09 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Video of a fluorescent lamps turned off and back on in Carmel Hospital « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 11:04:26 AM » Author: DieselNut
Wow!  that one by the door takes a while to restart.  Did the other lamp in it ever start?

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Video of a fluorescent lamps turned off and back on in Carmel Hospital « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 05:46:53 PM » Author: lightman64
Looks like air thermal starters that are wired in. Not really sure thought.

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video of a fluorescent lamps turned off and back on in Carmel Hospital « Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 05:50:32 PM » Author: sparkie
Even though I am a hardcore flashing glowstarter fanatic, I have to admit I like the way those tubes light up - lots of tiny glowing tube ends and then POW! they all zap into full brightness in a couple of seconds. Nice!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video of a fluorescent lamps turned off and back on in Carmel Hospital « Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:48:41 AM » Author: dor123
DieselNut: Yes. The lamp that are not lit in all of the video after i switched the lamps on, restarted a several seconds after this video was finished.
lightman64: The two lamps near the door operated by two >30 years old preheat ballasts with built in thermal switchs.
To all: The fluorescent lamps that operated by the "Electronic start" preheat ballasts with integrated electronic starters from Shaingot are supposed to have X2 more life that the same lamps that operated by glow starters.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 06:53:16 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video of a fluorescent lamps turned off and back on in Carmel Hospital « Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 06:39:10 AM » Author: dor123
The ballasts that operates the two 40W T12s near the door are actually not air thermal starter ballasts, but Eltam, local made, Perfekt-Start magnetic ballasts. One of these lamps was replaced by T8 of 36W, but the Perfekt-Start ballast remained, and this is why the lamp does problems.
See my post: http://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?topic=1598.0 for more information.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:06:35 PM by dor123 » Logged

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video of a fluorescent lamps turned off and back on in Carmel Hospital « Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 09:32:24 AM » Author: dor123
A new israeli member said me that the Perfekt-Start ballasts in fact ARE thermal starter ballasts, so you are right.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies