Author Topic: Californians please read! California bans the 100w incandescent next week!  (Read 1757 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Californians please read! California bans the 100w incandescent next week! « on: December 29, 2010, 01:12:38 AM » Author: Silverliner
Read here:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2010/12/outlawing-incandescent-bulbs-and-unintended-consequences

Beyond pissed here! I am all for energy savings but forcing the use of CFLs is NOT the way to go! Sure there are halogens around though.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: Californians please read! California bans the 100w incandescent next week! « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 01:45:48 AM » Author: RCM442
Glad I'm moving to Florida! I'll be able to use 100 watt bulbs all throughout my house! or I'll use 400 watt MH....REALLY bright light! eat my voltage california!

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Californians please read! California bans the 100w incandescent next week! « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 10:14:48 AM » Author: DieselNut
I don't see how y'all live with all the rules and regulations in California! Unfortunately, a lot of what the nutcases start there sweeps across the country. I wish a FREE MARKET uprising would start in Cali! I don't even care for incandescents and never have, but it is disgusting that the freaking government is telling us we cannot purchase something of OUR choice in what was once a FREE country!

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies