Author Topic: DMX controlled LED party/dance/stage lighting  (Read 2236 times)
DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
DMX controlled LED party/dance/stage lighting « on: January 31, 2011, 02:21:05 PM » Author: DieselNut
Here is a better video of my party lighting setup in my shop for an upcoming party.  It has four Chauvet PAR 38 LEDs, two Chauvet PAR 56 LEDs, a Chauvet PAR64 "stage can" light, two Chauvet LED color/gobo changing scanners, two American DJ "Reflex" LED units, a Chauvet 16 inch disco ball with dual LED pinspots, and four 250 watt halogen "Par can" stage lights with color gels, which are controlled through a Elation dimmer.  All the DMX settings are controlled through an American DJ "Elation" DMX controller.  The band's song in this video is one of two that will be playing on the stage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgSZp303xhY

Also shown are 10 GE F40 BLB lamps and two Industrial F40 REDs.  I have a fog machine running to show the lights' color beams.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 02:24:05 PM by DieselNut » Logged

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Peach_Lover

View Posts
View Gallery

https://www.facebook.com/
Re: DMX controlled LED party/dance/stage lighting « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 09:17:59 PM » Author: Peach_Lover
Very nice setup, you've really transformed that workshop space into quite the club. The fog really adds to the show doesn't it? I've always wondered about the brightness of those Chauvet PAR 38s...they seem pretty bright to me in the video. I have some much brighter par 64 style LEDs but sometimes they're almost a bit too bright for smaller venues. Did you spend a lot of time programming your DMX? I find that that's often the most time consuming part and can make or break a show more then the amount of lights you're using etc. I often spend a day just programing, if I have the luxury to. If not I have some basic fast chases and slow and static scenes always saved in my board so I can just run a show 'on the fly'. Also I've never thought about using any kind of florescent with this type of setup but I really like how it adds to it. Nice work looks like its going to be a fun time.
DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

Re: DMX controlled LED party/dance/stage lighting « Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 08:39:46 PM » Author: DieselNut
Thanks!  Yes, programming and aiming the lights took the most time.  I spent several evenings (and beers!) working on the programming.  I have always enjoyed a nice lightshow at a dance hall or concert venue.  With the recent addition of LED lighting to the lineup, it has made amazing shows easier and more affordable.  The PAR 38s are nice and bright, but not as blinding as the PAR 64s.  This is a "permanent" setup in my shop, hung with "unistrut" and with its own dedicated 20 amp circuit.  I imagine doing mobile light shows would be a lot of fun!  I am very pleased with the result of this.  It looks twice as amazing with fog, as you can see the "rays" of the light.  One more addition before the party will be a American DJ "Micro Galaxian" red and green laser light.  Those things give a neat show and it comes with a wireless remote, so I won't have to fool with my DMX settings.  Good bang for the buck at just under $100.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: DMX controlled LED party/dance/stage lighting « Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 04:12:45 AM » Author: dor123
DMX controlled RGB LED lighting, are more recognized by me with Philips/Color Kinetics, since they are the first company to push out the DMX controlling protocol from the stage lighting, to the general outdoor and indoor lighting, by having color changing LED underwater fixtures, floodlights, colored outdoor lighting, wall washing fixtures and even color changing MR-16 lamps, that all controlled by a DMX controller.
To your knowledge, in Haifa city, the mountain viewpoint of Stella-Maris near the old unused lighthouse, is actually lighted by DMX controlled RGB LED floodlights, which their color are changed according to the holidays of the judeans, the christians and the muslims.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

Re: DMX controlled LED party/dance/stage lighting « Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 10:11:18 PM » Author: DieselNut
WOW!  I recently saw a hotel illuminated my RGB dmx controlled wash lighting.  Looked beautiful at night!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies