Author Topic: Question about blue and green MH lamps  (Read 556 times)
dor123
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are printers/scanners/copiers, A/Cs


WWW
Question about blue and green MH lamps « on: September 20, 2026, 05:21:26 AM » Author: dor123
1. I've noticed that green MH lamps have much less electrodes glow than blue MH lamps.
2. I've also noticed that in green and blue MH lamps, the thallium and indium being ionized at much lower mercury pressure and arctube temperature, compared to white MH lamps.
Why this is happens?
Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are printers/scanners/copiers, A/Cs


WWW
Re: Question about blue and green MH lamps « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2026, 07:19:36 AM » Author: dor123
@James, @RRK, @tuopeek?
Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are printers/scanners/copiers, A/Cs


WWW
Re: Question about blue and green MH lamps « Reply #2 on: Today at 08:54:00 AM » Author: dor123
Anyone?
Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

tuopeek
Member
**
Offline

View Posts
View Gallery

GLS on Tesla Coil


Tuopeek-475652085781113 tuopeek1 77334065@N05/
WWW
Re: Question about blue and green MH lamps « Reply #3 on: Today at 02:44:56 PM » Author: tuopeek
Not something I've looked into but I have noticed blue halide lamp tend not to have the heat reflective coating at the electrodes. Not to say they are running hotter though as this suggests the wattage is different. 2) Not sure you would see different temperatures of evaporation unless the pressure was radically different and not sure how you would measure that. 
Logged
Print 
© 2005-2026 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies