Author Topic: Member List Cleanup  (Read 84547 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 01:37:29 PM » Author: Binarix128
I think another cleanup would be good.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 01:55:31 PM » Author: HPS_250
I never understood why some members simply register and then are either never active or are gone within a week. I registered nearly a year ago and still come back everyday. If there are a lot of accounts that have never been active and have no photos or posts, they should be deleted.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 03:16:01 PM » Author: Rommie
I agree in principle. Accounts where someone has photos or posts but simply haven't logged on for ages is one thing, but when someone registers and never even logs on then I think they should go after a period of time. It's difficult to know how long to leave them though. It's something worth looking into again, I think.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 08:42:03 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I like this idea too! I'm on every day. I don't see any sense in joining and never coming back.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #19 on: November 19, 2020, 08:51:49 PM » Author: HPS_250
The longest I ever stayed off LG was for 5 days, and that was because my internet was down!  ;D

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #20 on: November 21, 2020, 02:10:24 PM » Author: funkybulb
There one member that is not active Jfrog
 But he is very important history to LG.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #21 on: November 21, 2020, 03:21:37 PM » Author: Rommie
If he's got photos and/or posts, he wouldn't be deleted. It's only people who have never even so much as logged on for months or years since registering we're thinking of.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 03:24:36 PM by sox35 » Logged

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #22 on: November 21, 2020, 04:24:45 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
There one member that is not active Jfrog
 But he is very important history to LG.

J-Frog  was gone looong before I joined LG  . Due to his history with the site I believe he will continue to be a member until the end of time !  :angel: :bulbman:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #23 on: November 23, 2020, 07:34:30 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
J-Frog  was gone looong before I joined LG  . Due to his history with the site I believe he will continue to be a member until the end of time !  :angel: :bulbman:
With the many photos he has, yes he will stay.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #24 on: November 23, 2020, 12:11:54 PM » Author: Bulbman256
It's been a mystery to me why there are so many members on this site that seem to have done very little since joining, if you can see the pictures as a guest, why bother joining. ???

Me, and a lot of others on this site block albums from guests as they could go into certain pictures and try to take personal information and the fact that members have to be approved by a human mod adds to this security.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #25 on: June 27, 2021, 08:06:57 AM » Author: Rommie
Ok, for info I have removed any username that has registered on the site but has never logged in prior to the beginning of this year. No user who has ever logged on, even if they have never made use of the site, is affected. There were 44 names on the list, bringing us now to 913 members.

We may at a later date look at removing those who have logged on but have never made any posts/comments or uploaded any pictures, but that's it for now.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #26 on: June 27, 2021, 01:31:01 PM » Author: Lumex120
I still wonder why there are so many accounts that register and then do nothing.

Unofficial LG Discord

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #27 on: June 27, 2021, 03:24:27 PM » Author: Rommie
I don't know. Maybe someone joins in order to get an answer to a specific question, then having got the information they needed, go away again. But registering and then never even logging on has always totally confused me  ???

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #28 on: June 29, 2021, 04:44:43 PM » Author: Foxtronix
[...]

We may at a later date look at removing those who have logged on but have never made any posts/comments or uploaded any pictures, but that's it for now.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it's pointless to register on a website you can just browse as a guest if you never intend to interact with its members. But on the other hand I feel it would be kinda like throwing somebody out of a party because they don't feel like dancing around with a shade on their head just to be the centre of attention.  :lol:

Point being, I don't think mere lack of active participation (i.e. interaction) justifies the unilateral removal of accounts. Or at the very least, you should send to the account's email a notification of account deletion if they don't give a sign of life within X days.

But that's just my two cents.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 04:46:45 PM by Foxtronix » Logged

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #29 on: June 29, 2021, 04:50:38 PM » Author: Rommie
Yeah, that's a thought I did bear in mind. But I just don't get why someone would register and then do nothing at all. To use your party analogy, it would be like going to a party and standing in the corner doing nothing at all, not even talking to anybody. What's the point..?

But that's a decision for another time.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies