Author Topic: F40SP65 EOL fest  (Read 1552 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

F40SP65 EOL fest « on: May 19, 2011, 09:10:58 PM » Author: Powell
Drat! I put it in my 1950 "Shop light" that weighs a ton and it instant started. I had some minor swirling and pulsing. I turned it off when I took the dogs for the evening pee run, and when I came back in it would not light so I rotated it and shorted out the end and it lit. No swirling or anyting yet. From when I put this and the other bulb in I think it's between 30,000 and 35,000 hours. The middle lamps in the fixture are Phillips Alto F40DX bulbs. They have been in there a long time also. In the other fixture there are 5000K bulbs. The middle are ECO F40 Chroma 50's and the outer bulbs that are a year or 2 older Sylvania Design 50. They have brown spots. The GE ECO bulbs are noticably dimmer, and were when I put them in. I think when they go I will go with F40DX lamps in the other fixture also.

The failed lamp on the other end has only slight aging, and when I checked on them a month ago, neither end and none of the bulbs had much aging signs.

More as the event progresses.

Powell

NNNN!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F40SP65 EOL fest « Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 09:39:06 PM » Author: Powell
30 minutes in, but Mickey My SILLY Sibe (Siberian Husky) is right quite close to it as if he were sunning himself ! No, just burning like it weren't EOL.  GRRR !!   >:(    ???

Powell

NNNN!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F40SP65 EOL fest « Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 11:11:31 PM » Author: Powell
AWWW!  AT 45 minutes out there was a second of swirling and it faded out. So I put the bulb in a shoplight that runs T8 and T12 bulbs. Well it swirled orange flashed and made both lamps flicker and the solid state ballast shut down. I then put it in my single lamp solid state F30/40 T12 test ballast. It came on and flashed orange one time and settled down, and then faded down to dim and SSSS and went out. I thought the solid state ballast in the shop light was destroyed as I put 2  T8 bulbs in it and it wouldn't light. I unplugged it.  After a minute there was a brief flash and I thought WTF, over?  I plugged it in and it works. Ah such a fast EOL I didn't have time to take a picture and it would have been unimpressive. Have no fear, I have some ACE F40T12 CW lamps with lots of hours on them also !

Powell

NNNN!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies