Author Topic: eBay Auction Links/Postings Forbidden  (Read 24704 times)
DaveMan
Administrator

View Gallery

Re: eBay Auction Links/Postings Forbidden « Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 09:10:40 PM » Author: DaveMan
Alright you guys, here's the deal. We (the admins) have decided to once again allow the posting of auction listings in the for sale section of the forum. As some respected members have continued postings links and some of us on the admin team never really agreed with the ban in the first place, it doesn't seem to have much of a purpose here on the boards. With that said, if you find something that you want to share with the member base on here, feel free!

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

Ash

View Gallery

Re: eBay Auction Links/Postings Forbidden « Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 11:27:21 PM » Author: Ash
Now do the same with bulb bans Cheesy
DaveMan
Administrator

View Gallery

Re: eBay Auction Links/Postings Forbidden « Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 01:23:17 AM » Author: DaveMan
Now do the same with bulb bans Cheesy

Believe me if I had that kind of power I'd love to, but unfortunately I don't. However, you could write a letter to congress or start a petition. Just be sure to include scientific sources and write it really well if you'd like to help prove your case.

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

Ash

View Gallery

Re: eBay Auction Links/Postings Forbidden « Reply #33 on: September 15, 2011, 03:45:53 AM » Author: Ash
I think i cant help you much now, since as far as i know my country does not plan to ban any lamps. But as i see, they are stupid enough to follow somebody else when they see and envy so this might change
nogden

View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

Re: eBay Auction Links/Postings Forbidden « Reply #34 on: September 15, 2011, 11:01:40 AM » Author: nogden
Thanks for letting us know, Dave. You guys do a great job maintaining this site!
DieselNut

View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: eBay Auction Links/Postings Forbidden « Reply #35 on: September 15, 2011, 11:28:18 AM » Author: DieselNut
Thanks Dave!  I think it is a great service!  Yall are doing a good job with this site, which has united me with some friends around the world.

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Luminaire

View Gallery

Re: eBay Auction Links/Postings Forbidden « Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 03:52:36 AM » Author: Luminaire
I'm on the fence on this.  By allowing it here, we'll have people joining here acting with enthusiasm, but with commercial gain as the ulterior motive. 

The idea here is to connect with people with common grounds, not profit from each other. Not that there is anything wrong with making money, but there are other places to do that. 

To get what we like, sometimes, we have to buy way more quantity than we really want. 

I part them out at a price that breaks even, then we're both happy.  I'll have some cash freed up to buy more of what I like buying or get something I don't have from other people here. 
dieselducy

View Gallery

Re: eBay Auction Links/Postings Forbidden « Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 11:31:47 PM » Author: dieselducy
Same here!!  I just bought a lot of 3 F4T5s that I would have NEVER known about had they not been posted here.  ALSO the item is/was a buy it now with multiples of the item.  I think something like that SHOULD be allowed.  NATURALLY an auction type listing, I personally would not post unless it was something i was NOT bidding on.  If you are bidding on an item, naturally it is not wise to share it.  ALSO If i DO get outbid on a light, ID MUCH rather see it go to a fellow collector than somebody who could really care less about it..
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 11:43:11 PM by dieselducy » Logged

I LOVE preheat fluorescent!  Preheat forever!!

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines