Author Topic: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures?  (Read 11914 times)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #75 on: June 02, 2023, 03:51:00 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Not sure if I've already responded to this thread. But

Previously (within the past 30 days)

I had an S10.

Now I Have a Motorola G 5G 2022. As an interim between flag ship phones because I busted my S10. This phone is honestly not too bad at taking pics. The Luxor lamp pics and the Sylvania HPS grow light bulb pics came out good.

After this (this phone will become a spare/work phone) I will get either an LG V60, a Sony Xperia 5 IV, or a Sony Xperia 1 IV.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #76 on: July 15, 2023, 04:07:07 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
iPhone 11, iPad Air 4th generation for daily shooting and Honor Magic5 for shooting street lights and outdoor lighting.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #77 on: July 15, 2023, 12:40:58 PM » Author: HIDLad001
As of now, I use a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35, as well as occasionally an iPhone camera, but not often.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 07:16:35 PM by HIDLad001 » Logged

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #78 on: July 15, 2023, 02:11:44 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I use a Panasonic DC-FZ80 and occasionally my phone camera (Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G) when I don't have my camera with me.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #79 on: October 08, 2023, 04:23:28 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've just bought a 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens for my Canon EOS 4000D DSLR camera.  8)
Over the next few days I'm going to experiment on how to get the best results, I've also got ND1000 filters coming so that I can get lit shots of arc tubes. :wndr:
Wish me luck... At least with digital photography you know right away that you've screwed up.  :lol:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 04:44:24 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #80 on: October 19, 2023, 05:49:17 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
More spending on my camera outfit:  :bulbman:
A set of four close up filters for the 60mm macro lens (+1/+2/+4/+10) and a lens hood.  8)
This brings my spending on the camera up tp £870.43.!  :poof:
Now I just hope that I can match up to it.  :wndr:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #81 on: October 19, 2023, 06:54:01 PM » Author: Rommie
You'll get there, sweetheart  :-* :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #82 on: October 21, 2023, 12:37:37 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've just had a look at what I've accumulated in the way of camera kit in the past few months...  :wndr:
I'm going to need a bigger bag.!  :poof:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #83 on: October 25, 2023, 06:10:45 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
And that's what arrived today it's a Tenba ‘Equa’ P750 Pro Pak Camera Shoulder Bag and it holds all of what I've got for now, I do have a smaller one coming that will be my 'go bag'.  8)
I will be posting a picture of my own in the gallery.
P.S. Spending has now topped the grand mark.!!! :poof:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #84 on: October 25, 2023, 06:12:25 PM » Author: Rommie
My father had one of those bags, which is why I recommended it.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #85 on: October 28, 2023, 12:54:51 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've managed to get all of my camera kit in the bag, including the Speedlite 580EX that arrived today.  8)
The whole bag now weighs in at twelve pounds.!!  :poof:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #86 on: November 01, 2023, 12:19:00 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Below is a list of what I've got: 8)
Camera Body:
   Canon EOS 4000D
Camera Lenses:
   Canon EFS zoom18-55mm      (58mm thread)
   Canon EFS zoom75-300mm    (58mm thread)
   Canon EFS ‘nifty 50’ 50mm     (49mm thread)
   Canon EFS macro lens 60mm (52mm thread)
Flashgun:
        Speedlite 580EX

All lenses are fitted with UV filters and can be be fitted with a ND1000 filter.
There is also a set of magnifying filters with a 52mm thread offering +1,+2,+4 and +10 magnification.

To keep everything steady is a Cullman Alpha 2800 tripod that extends from 26” all the way up to 72” :poof:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Lcubed3

View Posts
View Gallery

MAXIMUM LUMENS!!!

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #87 on: November 03, 2023, 08:59:13 PM » Author: Lcubed3
I use a JVC Eviro camcorder for closeup shots at home, and a GoPro for shots that are further away. The JVC does not shoot higher than something like 720i (for video) and SD for pictures. I use the GoPro only for faraway shots because it does not have a focusable lens. The only reason I use it at all is because it takes higher quality pictures.

When I'm out and about, I use a Verve Snap flip phone. It works well enough.

Portland General Electric: 120/240VAC @ 60Hz
Bringer of Light

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies