Author Topic: A whole new generation of incandescents from GE?  (Read 2242 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
A whole new generation of incandescents from GE? « on: February 24, 2007, 10:08:51 PM » Author: Silverliner
What do you think guys?

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070224/BUSINESS/702240399

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

mr_big
Re: A whole new generation of incandescents from GE? « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 10:41:11 PM » Author: mr_big
I wonder if GE will actually be able to do this without any problems is there really ANY way to make an incandescent more effecient
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: A whole new generation of incandescents from GE? « Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 04:11:57 PM » Author: Silverliner
Yep in the past 4 or 5 years there has been lots of research going on to make tungsten more efficient. It has something to do with the structure of the filament and addition of new materials that reverses the amount of heat the filament generates. And yes such filaments were made successfully, they just need to be refined and so on. Back in the early 1910s they finally developed the practical coiled tungsten filament after lots of problems with sagging, etc. It involved some material that helped the filament retain its strength or something. The same can be done for the new HEI filaments.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies