Author Topic: uh oh more trouble for the incandescent light bulb  (Read 3168 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
uh oh more trouble for the incandescent light bulb « on: February 26, 2007, 02:41:42 PM » Author: Silverliner
First its CA and Australia, now will it be the UK? Read the link below:

http://ban-the-bulb.blogspot.com/

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

chapman84
Re: uh oh more trouble for the incandescent light bulb « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 03:07:48 PM » Author: chapman84
I see it says "Campaign to save money and help the environment by using energy efficient bulbs." Ha! Yeah Right. ::)

How are they gonna save money and help the environment by banning incandescents?

I don't see how people would be saving money by having to replace CFLs all the time. They claim they might cost a little more than regular incandescents but save money on your electric bill. But everytime you have to replace these bulbs, you're really not saving any money in the long run.

And one important thing to remember is that CFLS contain mercury in them and when people throw them away that means more mercury ends up in the environment.
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: uh oh more trouble for the incandescent light bulb « Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 04:16:40 PM » Author: FGS
I think it is time to change the Bill of Rights and add: "the government shall not interfere with the people choice of lighting technology."

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

chapman84
Re: uh oh more trouble for the incandescent light bulb « Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 04:54:17 PM » Author: chapman84
That's a very good point.  ;)

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: uh oh more trouble for the incandescent light bulb « Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 10:01:07 PM » Author: prawnman88
man here we go all over again
dp
Re: uh oh more trouble for the incandescent light bulb « Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 02:27:41 PM » Author: dp
OH NO  >:( >:( :( :(
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: uh oh more trouble for the incandescent light bulb « Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 04:07:55 PM » Author: Silverliner
The ban is totally dumb. But that may not erase the incandescent light bulb. GE is developing a new line of HEI light bulbs which will be half as efficient as CFLs when they come out in 2010 and as efficient as CFLs by 2012. Check the post I made about the new generation of incandescent light bulbs. GE was going to keep this a secret, but because California was talking about banning the bulb, GE decided to make the announcement!

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies