Author Topic: F15T8 1-lamp electronic ballast  (Read 3726 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
F15T8 1-lamp electronic ballast « on: August 22, 2011, 12:36:18 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I know I mentioned this on one of my pic's, but I'm also putting it here on the general wanted forum.

I'm looking for a couple F15T8 small-sized electronic ballasts (ideally the size of a F15/F20 preheat choke or a little bigger is ok)...

What i've got in the fixture now is a 2-lamp F15/F20 RS ballast, but i'm doing alittle upgrade to the room where the fixture is installed, so I need separate ballasts.
* I _might_ be able to jam 2 1-lamp RS ballasts in the thing, but it wouldn't be easy (so I'd prefer not to even though i have a couple extra ballasts)..plus that's allot of heat & wire in a small space.
* Preheat would work, but it'd be a bit of a pain since i'd have to cut starter holes/etc ... the biggest issue I see is there's no thermal protection on those little ballasts/chokes
* Someone mentioned gutting a CFL for its ballast .. but in this case since the fixture is permanently installed I want to use an actual ballast.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F15T8 1-lamp electronic ballast « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 12:57:22 PM » Author: Powell
I spotted a small single lamp 15-20 watt electronic ballast at Home Depot.

NNNN!

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F15T8 1-lamp electronic ballast « Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 08:28:51 PM » Author: sol
Did you try Semperlite ? They have an extensive selection of out-of-the-ordinary lighting components.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: F15T8 1-lamp electronic ballast « Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:47:27 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@Powell: Interesting .. the Home Depots here don't have that, but they do sell a 15/20w preheat ballast.

@sol: I've only checked the local stores & eBay .. I'll have to look around that site!

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: F15T8 1-lamp electronic ballast « Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 01:11:03 PM » Author: paintballer22
@ sol that semperlite site was cool, the selection of out of the ordinary stuff will be helpful in future projects.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: F15T8 1-lamp electronic ballast « Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 07:07:20 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I agree there ... They've no doubt got a good selection :)

-----
The had one that woulda been perfect for what I was looking for, but at $8 each (& needing 2, so $16) I just ended up going preheat (for now) since I had the parts sitting around anyway LOL

Nevada Willis

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F15T8 1-lamp electronic ballast « Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 11:32:06 AM » Author: Nevada Willis
Nothing wrong with preheat if you have room for the starter sockets.

":O) Willis

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F15T8 1-lamp electronic ballast « Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 12:31:25 PM » Author: Medved
Nothing wrong with preheat if you have room for the starter sockets.

And if the fixture is capable to hold the heavier ballast.
With F15T8 would be no problem, it is the higher wattage (F20T12, FC8T9,...) what are underdriven on these magnetic preheat ballasts (as it seems all such ballasts are the same, while higher wattage lamps need 0.37A, but lower wattage only ~0.25A).

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies