Author Topic: Gaaa! Sold out of 160W SB mercury lamps!  (Read 2621 times)
SOX55W

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60Hz here!

Gaaa! Sold out of 160W SB mercury lamps! « on: August 29, 2011, 06:38:07 PM » Author: SOX55W
I can't believe it! I saw just a couple days ago 1000bulbs halved the price of the plusrite 160W SB bulbs. Fearing that they might be discontinuing them, I made plans to stock up on 2 or 3 of them when I put in my next order. Well, today I go to order and category is completely emtpy! No trace of them anywhere!  :'( I had no idea it would be so soon.  :'( Well, mine back at home is still pretty young...

I'm really disappointed... They are great lamps for general lighting, especially for the MV enthusiasts.  I wonder if it's because of the MV ban coming up. I guess it's ebay if I want any more of them. I thought someone said they'd be exempt from the ban?

Bring SOX lamps back!!!

FYI, LED's are NOT the most efficient lighting technology available! Don't know how people keep coming to that conclusion!

My other interests: sports cars, refrigeration, microcontroller projects, computer hardware, and any sort of custom fabrication.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gaaa! Sold out of 160W SB mercury lamps! « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 05:40:16 PM » Author: Michael
According to Osram's banning chedule these self ballasted mv lamps aren't affected like the regular mv lamp it self!
so i believe that they'll be still available after 2015!

The same for the T12 triphoshor RS lamps from Philips, which I was told by an Salesman that they'll be kept on the market for a wile as well...

Is there someone else which is able to confirm this?
paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Gaaa! Sold out of 160W SB mercury lamps! « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 05:43:20 PM » Author: paintballer22
I just got some clear SB mercury lamps from Amazon.com (Sept 2 2011).
SOX55W

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60Hz here!

Re: Gaaa! Sold out of 160W SB mercury lamps! « Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 09:47:32 PM » Author: SOX55W
I just got some clear SB mercury lamps from Amazon.com (Sept 2 2011).

Were they reptile bulbs by any chance?

Bring SOX lamps back!!!

FYI, LED's are NOT the most efficient lighting technology available! Don't know how people keep coming to that conclusion!

My other interests: sports cars, refrigeration, microcontroller projects, computer hardware, and any sort of custom fabrication.

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Gaaa! Sold out of 160W SB mercury lamps! « Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 07:35:08 AM » Author: paintballer22
I don't think so as they said nothing about reptiles. They listed the brand as plusrite 160W SB bulbs. I will post pics went they come in.
SOX55W

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60Hz here!

Re: Gaaa! Sold out of 160W SB mercury lamps! « Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 07:09:05 PM » Author: SOX55W
Ok, yeah, I did find them on Amazon. Looks like they were custom ordered that way. I may have to pick one up sometime.

On a side note, 1000bulbs has re-listed the 160W plusrite bulbs again! Don't know what happened, or maybe they came across some old stock.  The scary thing is, they stopped listing SOX lamp ballasts and also don't list 135W SOX lamps anymore. They are by the cheapest sorce for SOX lamps I have found, which is the whole reason I found them to begin with.

Bring SOX lamps back!!!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Gaaa! Sold out of 160W SB mercury lamps! « Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 09:24:41 PM » Author: rjluna2
Did you try to find this at Ebay?  I bought set of 4 years ago from Ebay.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

SOX55W

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60Hz here!

Re: Gaaa! Sold out of 160W SB mercury lamps! « Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 01:09:28 AM » Author: SOX55W
1000bulbs actually sells them again for $3 each. I bought a couple to stock up, but ebay does have them.  One thing ebay does have is 250W SBMV that don't cost a fortune but I don't know what voltgae they are.

Bring SOX lamps back!!!

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Gaaa! Sold out of 160W SB mercury lamps! « Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 01:36:20 AM » Author: icefoglights
Were they these?  I bought one of these a couple years ago and it is 120v.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

SOX55W

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60Hz here!

Re: Gaaa! Sold out of 160W SB mercury lamps! « Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 02:24:21 AM » Author: SOX55W
Yeah, those are the ones.  Most everywhere else doesn't sell them cheap.  I'll have to pick one up sometime.

sigh...so many  :a_inc: :a_fluor: :a_fluor-blb: :a_pl: :a_sl: :a_2d: :a_mv: :a_sbmv: :a_mh: :a_son-t: :a_son-e: :a_sox:, so little $$$.  I need to do more ReStore shopping and less ebaying/buying retail.  :-\

Bring SOX lamps back!!!

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Gaaa! Sold out of 160W SB mercury lamps! « Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 12:41:47 PM » Author: paintballer22
I find old lamps/bulbs at garage, yard, estate sales and flea markets. :)
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gaaa! Sold out of 160W SB mercury lamps! « Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 12:46:24 AM » Author: funkybulb
craigslist is also a good place. i am trying to some asorted lifeline tubes! but going to be a short weekend drive for me.there a place that sell them a little bit cheaper is LSE lighting on ebay that where i got my plusrite bulb under 6 bucks back then.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies