Author Topic: RATS! I Let out the magic smoke  (Read 1241 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

RATS! I Let out the magic smoke « on: December 15, 2011, 11:56:36 PM » Author: Powell
I have a 2 lamp (inline) 8 watt fixture and I blew it up. Not on purpose. One of my HG Bright lamps lights fine initially and gets very dim and     V E R Y    hot so I removed one lamp to drive it harder. Well after a time the lamp went out, so I removed it and put the other 2 good bulbs back in and I waited awhile. It turned it on and nothing.  Waited some more... nothing and then POW ! POW ! very loud and smoke poured out and I unplugged it.

Ballast  says  PES   Power Electronics and Systems  ( Torrence CA)  OCV is 540V and it says rapid start and also says it has inherent thermal protection.  It will be a pain to replace this ballast IF I can...

Maybe Lowes has a replacement fixture.  Converting to switch start is  not possible the way the unit is constructed.   

Powell >:( >:(

NNNN!

slipperypete

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: RATS! I Let out the magic smoke « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 09:11:32 PM » Author: slipperypete
Wow sorry to hear about that.  I hate it when the smoke gets out, because it is so hard to pump it back in ;D. But seriously that's unfortunate.

Bulb bans = Fascism

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies