Author Topic: Replaced sockets on a 15 watt Trigger start fixture  (Read 1636 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Replaced sockets on a 15 watt Trigger start fixture « on: January 08, 2012, 02:32:10 PM » Author: Powell
It was very hard getting the assemblies out the sockets connect to, but after that I was simple. The old sockets got brittle and fell apart. I got sockets that would also take T12 lamps. The trigger start ballast starts the bulbs ALMOST as fast as instant start.  It does get QUITE warm ...ah to the edge of hot, but the ballast SAYS it has thermal protection.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 08:05:19 PM by Powell » Logged

NNNN!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Replaced sockets on a 15 watt Trigger start fixture « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 06:45:29 PM » Author: Medved
What does it mean "edge to hot"?
If you are able (even barely, but able) to hold your hand on it, it won't be above 50degC. If the ballast have good thermal contact between the inner parts with the case, the inner parts won't be too much hotter. And there 50degC on simple coil work is not as much, it is about 25degC above the ambient, while the temperature, where something start to happen is about 100degC, what would be 75degC above the ambient, what would require about 3x higher power losses in the same box.

No more selfballasted c***

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Replaced sockets on a 15 watt Trigger start fixture « Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 08:01:46 PM » Author: Powell
I can hold my hand on it but not very long at all.  The paper label  on the ballast is OK however.

If you start to put the lamp in, with power on,  once you get a pin to touch on each end it lights up immediately.

It will light normally an EOL lamp for quite some time before it rectifies. It won't cause or hasn't so far caused a loss of vacuum, but it can make the EOL end get super black over time.  I really don't like to do this as it might overheat the ballast.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 08:05:49 PM by Powell » Logged

NNNN!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies