Author Topic: ge crimefighter's what are they  (Read 3567 times)
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

ge crimefighter's what are they « on: August 23, 2006, 10:42:20 PM » Author: prawnman88
why and what purpose are they for and does any one have any pics of them and what are reasons for making them was it in drug infested areas ? or something
form109
Re: ge crimefighter's what are they « Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 06:04:55 PM » Author: form109
i guess since a crimefighter has a verticle lamp and a bucket refractor it has the ability to light large areas and in theroy lighting at night reduces crime but most crimes appear during daylight hours so they obviously have the purpose of lighting the streets what i do not know is why they have such a strange optical assembly.
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: ge crimefighter's what are they « Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 01:20:15 AM » Author: lite_lover
They are designed to illuminate 360' making it brighter all around. A conventional streelight mainly illuminates a long narrow strip with less light toward 'house side' and 'street side'.
There isn't too many pics, this  is one I found.

The brighter the better.

form109
Re: ge crimefighter's what are they « Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 08:07:17 AM » Author: form109
it seems crimefighters are just ge cobraheads with modified optical assemblies.

but why are they usually only found in the chicago area?
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: ge crimefighter's what are they « Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 02:38:52 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Form109: I think Chicago had problems with crimes a few years ago.

form109
Re: ge crimefighter's what are they « Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 02:56:20 PM » Author: form109
well several places in america suffer a relative high crime rate.

some examples would be.

new orleans

houston

chicago

atlanta

washington dc

compton

dallas

crime can occur anywhere but most often appears in large cities.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies