Author Topic: Thinking of getting some LED bulbs, has anyone tried these?  (Read 1513 times)
BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Thinking of getting some LED bulbs, has anyone tried these? « on: February 11, 2012, 07:53:17 AM » Author: BG101
http://www.ledgiant.co.uk/e27-led-bulb-5-watt

Only rated at 360 Lumens but I assume this will be fairly directional, they are intended for above the stairs and landing so will need fairly decent downward light output. I have been using 20W daylight stick CFLs in reflector shades for the past few years, very high quality lamps but these are now failing and I doubt the cheaper stick ones will last as long or keep their lumen output the way these have (the remaining one still appears brighter than the 100W GLS I put in the other fitting). Originally I used 60 or 100W reflector bulbs.

Cheers

BG

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking of getting some LED bulbs, has anyone tried these? « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 08:50:24 AM » Author: Medved
It would be weak, if you are used to 1200lm...

No more selfballasted c***

BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: Thinking of getting some LED bulbs, has anyone tried these? « Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 10:01:39 AM » Author: BG101
That's what I thought to be honest. I was trying to find the specs for my old lamps when I posted but no luck. I will see what else is out there thanks :)

I thought of using socket adapters but this would work out rather expensive with 2 lamps per fitting!

BG

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking of getting some LED bulbs, has anyone tried these? « Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 10:15:08 AM » Author: Medved
And if I looked to the pages, the seller is everything, but trustworthy: 430lm qualify for barely "40W" equivalent, but they claim "60W"...

No more selfballasted c***

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thinking of getting some LED bulbs, has anyone tried these? « Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 10:11:47 AM » Author: Ash
For many places even the reduced light output would be very well sufficient

I would be concerned with lamp quality / life rather than lght output for an application where you dont need much anyway. If you know that this LED is good quality, or if it is cheap enough to try out anyway, go for it
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies