Author Topic: check out this ugly led street lighting  (Read 2646 times)
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

check out this ugly led street lighting « on: March 05, 2012, 09:07:05 AM » Author: funkybulb
 I will be see this than most folks been seeing around this will be all over San Antonio TX.
not only that it locally produce street lights
 http://www.kens5.com/news/local/25000-new-LED-streetlights-to-brighten-up-San-Antonio-141121933.html

http://greenstarled.com/products/galaxy-xd

yuck!

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: check out this ugly led street lighting « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:40:24 AM » Author: Medved
Too much setting points to be poorly aligned...

No more selfballasted c***

LowPressureSodiumSOX
Re: check out this ugly led street lighting « Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:51:18 PM » Author: LowPressureSodiumSOX
I wonder why the dumb Dark Sky Association would want to ban MV lamps and MH lamps if THIS STUFF would be encouraged  >:( ???
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: check out this ugly led street lighting « Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 06:10:57 PM » Author: Ash
It is only the fixture construction and choice of fixture for application that affect the sky pollution, it does not depend at all on the lamp type. So the DSA should not say anything about lamp types, only about fixtures

Now if they do have requirements to lamps, that means that either they dont know themselfes what they want, or that there are other interests involved - such as other unrelated "greens" (who are concerned about efficiency, mercury etc) using the DSA to push _their_ stuff
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: check out this ugly led street lighting « Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 07:56:35 PM » Author: funkybulb
 ya not only that there is a lot of HPS sky glow. it been cut in half with the FCO stuff and make the street lights in spots. but the newly redesign loop 410 brought poles closer together to eliminate the problem.
so not too bad for that.

other than that the city wasted a lot of moneny replacing FCO stuff as they go. wich 90% of the area is HPS
 the rest is MV or metal halide.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: check out this ugly led street lighting « Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 05:18:23 AM » Author: dor123
The best is to install FCO fixtures with mercury and 4000K CMH lamps. For roads, 100-150W is enough for CMH lamps.
They can also retrofit the existing lanterns with 4000K MH lamps and replace their bowls to flat ones if they aren't flat.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: check out this ugly led street lighting « Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 08:09:07 AM » Author: funkybulb
here in USA mercury fixture is no longer made. also that would be impossable to change out bowls becease there is a mix of Street lights on the roads. GE M400A2, ITT/Thomas betts 115/ cooper OVX HPS lighting. yes I agree that they shoud used FCO CMH fixture. But CPS energy and the city voted on dumb led that is comming grrr.
in the resdentail hood will become target practice lol

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies