Author Topic: unusual switch start ballast finds  (Read 1951 times)
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

unusual switch start ballast finds « on: April 05, 2012, 12:19:58 AM » Author: funkybulb
here is the unusual switch start ballast find it surpise me i found and bought this on USA ebay
this is 120 volts 60Hz compare to the 240 volts 50 hz ballast
this can do 1 30 watt T12 or series 15 watt T12 on switch start ballast
these tube will still be around ;D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190650710352?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 12:22:25 AM by funkybulb » Logged

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: unusual switch start ballast finds « Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:57:12 AM » Author: Ash
It is (auto?)transformer ballast - like HX

You can tell by that the line current is higher than lamp current which means that it is a step up transformer. The 4 connections are a hint too though there are ballasts that connect to the N too and are not transformers
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: unusual switch start ballast finds « Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 05:28:24 AM » Author: dor123
I don't see any picture at all in the link.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: unusual switch start ballast finds « Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 09:13:45 AM » Author: funkybulb
it look like an auto transfomer. not only that it also look like it was intended to sold on american market
becase it UL approve ballast. does any one know how old that ballast is?

well this is going in my american fluorescent F30 fixture that i found badly rusted. going to sand it down and repaint it.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: unusual switch start ballast finds « Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 10:33:18 AM » Author: dor123
I found how to view the picture.
The ballast have an european style, and is probably an export ballast to the US.
I compared it to an Eltam magnetic choke ballast for 36W T8, and as this ballast have four wires instead of two, i think that this is truly an autotransformer ballast and not a choke ballast.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies