Author Topic: GE LED Bright Stik now available in Canada!  (Read 2344 times)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
GE LED Bright Stik now available in Canada! « on: December 14, 2015, 05:59:37 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
The first of these finally arrived in Canada earlier this month. Home Depot is selling both the Soft White and Daylight variety for $15 a 3-pack. They had a Soft White on display, and it is a great-looking bulb. Very bright, nice color, no perceivable flicker, and it dimmed nicely (it doesn't dim very far, but smoothly nonetheless). I truly think this is the lamp that will bring LED bulbs to the masses. Next time I go there I'm going to see if a worker can put a Daylight unit in the display for me.

I've been wanting to try both varieties, and was willing to pay the $10/pack that these are available for in the US, but $15 is a little out of my comfort zone. Sucks to be in Canada sometimes.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:02:53 PM by TheMaritimeMan » Logged

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE LED Bright Stik now available in Canada! « Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 01:03:02 AM » Author: tolivac
Are the Bright Sticks now running on electronic ballasts-remember a time when they had a resistor ballast to lower cost and make them lightweight-but they could overheat!CU made a thing about that.And oiu couldn't replace the bulb in those older lights-When the lamp failed you had to buy a whole new unit.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: GE LED Bright Stik now available in Canada! « Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 01:04:59 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
These are LED light bulbs (hence the title), a completely different product from the old Bright Stik.

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=1&pid=111592

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Aveoguy22
Re: GE LED Bright Stik now available in Canada! « Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 08:44:13 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
I got a 3 pack.... and theyre all being used in the barns/ outside instead of the house.  I didn't like the way the light was distributed.  unusable in a table lamp and they aren't much good in a ceiling fixture that puts the bulbs sideways.  theyre outside in a downward facing fixture and in the barn in some old type porcelain socket.  IMO you can do better for the price.  Walmart has a 2 pack of Sylvania 60w equivalent LEDs for $4.88 and you could get 4of em for less than the $9.97 that the 3 bright sticks cost and the sylvanias have a curved dome on top that actually spreads some light downwards.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 08:46:31 PM by Aveoguy22 » Logged
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: GE LED Bright Stik now available in Canada! « Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 11:05:26 PM » Author: Silverliner
LEDescent bulbs will be for the masses.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE LED Bright Stik now available in Canada! « Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 12:33:03 AM » Author: tolivac
Interesting-Bright Sticks are now LED!Probably couldn't hurt to try one.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: GE LED Bright Stik now available in Canada! « Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 02:39:57 AM » Author: Solanaceae
As they say, "an LED a day keeps the government away!"

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies