Author Topic: Westinghouse F25T12 black enders  (Read 3201 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse F25T12 black enders « on: March 07, 2012, 04:47:35 PM » Author: Powell
A local hardware store has a lot of these. They are longer than a 20 watt but shorter than a 30.  What kind of ballast can I run these with? These were originally for preheat and I at one time had a fixture.....

Powell

NNNN!

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse F25T12 black enders « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:43:08 PM » Author: funkybulb
 I would use Full power preheat circline ballast. wich is hard to find.
 you can use Lpf .67 amp RS ballast wich is run the tubes at half power for F40s

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Westinghouse F25T12 black enders « Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 08:59:22 PM » Author: Silverliner
I have a F25T12 fixture that takes in the 33 inch lamps. The ballasts are simple chokes like in the F14T12-F20T12 fixtures, but will need to check and see what lamps they are rated for. They use the FS-25 starter rather than the FS-2 starter though.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Westinghouse F25T12 black enders « Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 11:35:19 PM » Author: icefoglights
I have a Robertson choke ballast that was rated for 19, 20, 22 :circ: and 25 watt lamps.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Westinghouse F25T12 black enders « Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 02:22:13 PM » Author: DieselNut
Somewhere, I have a ballast for these tubes also.  They were for appliances and I got mine out of an old snack vending machine, along with its FS-25 starter.

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse F25T12 black enders « Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 02:25:26 PM » Author: Powell
I was thinking of making me a fixture for these......

NNNN!

MV!!!

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse F25T12 black enders « Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 10:38:27 PM » Author: MV!!!
What exactly is a black ender; I have only had minor experience with westing house MV fixtures and bulbs. I used to have one of the older cast Iron looking jobs that had the rounded top on the head. I have also had a fixture from Cooper Crouse Hinds, as well as one from Electrapack. Also how many fixtures can safely be wired to a single photocell?
Thanks...
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse F25T12 black enders « Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 01:23:35 AM » Author: funkybulb
 @ MV the black ender refers to the black end caps on fluorescent tubes that made out of bakelite or plastic
   sylvaia used baklite black end caps back in the 50s, while westinghoue fluorescent lamps used black endcaps
 until philip take over. so there they are really easy to spot when you are searching for classic lamps
 the newer westinghouse that you see today are made by abco known as faux westinghouse as the qualty dont compare.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse F25T12 black enders « Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 02:24:01 AM » Author: Medved
The bakelite end caps were quite common on krypton T8 lamps made by Tesla in 80's.
But I do not see that as a good idea
- The black plastic absorb light, so in mildly diffused refractors it create black spots visible from outside. Aluminum endcaps do not do this effect.
- The plastic "liked" to crack

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies