Author Topic: I HATE tall ceilings when you have an old rickety ladder !  (Read 2010 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

I HATE tall ceilings when you have an old rickety ladder ! « on: February 10, 2012, 03:59:55 PM » Author: Powell
TALL rickety ladder......17 foot ceilings in places here at the radio station. I had to change a lamp in the room my desk is in. It is was the bulb in the fixture that was with the abused Mainlighter I put in. It had been looking a bit "dimmer" at one end right at the cathode and today there were 2 black marks, one side being almost 2 inches and 1/3 way around the glass. When I turned it off ( rapid start) it would not come on so I replaced it. The lamp is an ACE (GE) 40 watt Universal DLX.  Replaced it with another. The new bulb had been in the unheated back of the station so it was dim for awhile. Once it warmed up it is AS bright as the Mainlighter, which as de aged some as I have run it. The colors match quite well. This is not an ECO lamp, as some years ago we purchased an entire case. Now in the control room I have matched 5000K and 6500K high CRI lamps.

Taking the old one home for an EOL fest.  :o ;D

Now I do need to take a picture of the half piper minus the end caps (GRRR!) that is over the 2 transmitter. That fixture has been there since 1946. I have 2 Chinese CXL daylight lamps that didn't care for my rapid start fixture in my kitchen.

Well well well............... I was bored so I placed the lamp in my "Engineering Office's preheater that WAS a half piper but is on the ceiling. It instant started, and flashed blue and pink and purple, so I restarted it and the starter stayed on a few seconds, and the end lit blue and when it release it still wanted to  flash colors on the end...... HMMMM this is going to be a FUN EOL ! !
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 04:59:34 PM by Powell » Logged

NNNN!

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: I HATE tall ceilings when you have an old rickety ladder ! « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 06:16:48 PM » Author: nogden
I know what you mean about tall ladders and high ceilings. In our old theatre, our lighting battens were dead-hung. Only ladder we had was the huge 20 footer or so that most likely was purchased new when the building was built in 1978. It was a big old wooden ladder that took two of us to move. But, most importantly, it did the job! We still have the ladder somewhere, too. In our new space, the battens are on motorized winches, making hangs and adjustments much easier. We also have a scissor lift in case we need to hang anything from the ceiling or change the lamps in the work lights above.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies