Author Topic: New desk lamp  (Read 2351 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

New desk lamp « on: April 17, 2012, 02:09:17 PM » Author: Powell
YES,   ;D   I bought it for the lamps.  2 mid 50's I guess, Sylvania lamps. ONE Standard Cool White and ONE Daylight. A fair amount of use. I had to wash the lamps off with water to see what they were. I will run them an hour to see how much aging there actually is. The desk lamp itself is in superb condition. The only thing is the felt on the bottom was very thin.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130676786651?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

NNNN!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New desk lamp « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:43:37 AM » Author: Powell
I think I shall run 2 of my Sylvania made Vitalites in the fixture.

Well, hmm. It only took 3 tries of substanial preheating for the lamps to light. The ballasts drive the bulbs pretty hard, and the ballasts are rather large. The ballasts really sing with  these bulbs.  I guess that will change when they break in.  It gets pretty warm, and there's not a lot of room down in there with the ballasts. Taking the bottom off was easy, getting the bottom back was hard as you have to position all the wires just right or you can't get the bottom on right.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:49:47 AM by Powell » Logged

NNNN!

slipperypete

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New desk lamp « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 01:17:05 AM » Author: slipperypete
Nice find.

Bulb bans = Fascism

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies