Author Topic: eBay win: 15 watt "shoplight"  (Read 3303 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

eBay win: 15 watt "shoplight" « on: September 02, 2012, 03:53:45 PM » Author: Powell
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160872360700?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Says one side doesn't work, but one bulb looks EOL to me. No big deal. And I have plenty of ballasts....

NNNN!

toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: eBay win: 15 watt "shoplight" « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 01:29:00 PM » Author: toomanybulbs
looks like one i fixed up for a neighbor.hammertone grey?
the inside of the reflector was ugly on this one too.
shot it with dupli-color gm arctic white since i have 2 cases of it.
installed vita lite tubes and conspired with his wife to sneak it back into the workshop and hang it where it had lived for 60+ years before it quit.this one is a "marantz"
i have one like it at the shop that i cleaned up.it does not have the wing reflector.it has the look of being built in a gutter section.says marantz ultra violet.
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: eBay win: 15 watt "shoplight" « Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 02:39:03 PM » Author: Powell
I have plenty of Vita Lite tubes....

NNNN!

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: eBay win: 15 watt "shoplight" « Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 08:36:49 PM » Author: DieselNut
Did you buy the others, or did he sell them? It says he has more like it.  The way those end sockets are made is similar to my 2xF15 bug zapper.
You got a great deal.  The seller just posted the other two for $64 and $74!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:58:34 PM by DieselNut » Logged

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: eBay win: 15 watt "shoplight" « Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 09:14:17 AM » Author: Powell
This one is the only one I got as it was the only one he had for sale at the time, though he mentioned the others.

NNNN!

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

Re: eBay win: 15 watt "shoplight" « Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 10:58:11 AM » Author: DieselNut
Is it well made?  What kind of ballast(s) does it have?  I may consider one of the others if it is good quality.

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: eBay win: 15 watt "shoplight" « Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 01:18:10 PM » Author: Powell
It won't be shipped until sometime today, so I will let you know when it gets here.

NNNN!

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

Re: eBay win: 15 watt "shoplight" « Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 03:42:09 PM » Author: DieselNut
If it is nicely made and has a good ballast/components, I may make an offer on the other one(s).

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: eBay win: 15 watt "shoplight" « Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 03:38:24 PM » Author: Powell
It was delivered today, but I am at the radio station. I will post more this evening. Now if I can find the camera.....

???

Can't find camera. It's rather light, and one side lit immediately, and 30 seconds later the other did, but the bulb is EOL as I expected. It needs cleaning and will get a repainting of the reflector. It has 2 Sylvania 20 watt starters and one that was on the EOL bulb is VERY slow. I just tried and there is PLENTY of room for T12 lamps. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:26:37 PM by Powell » Logged

NNNN!

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

Re: eBay win: 15 watt "shoplight" « Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 03:03:16 PM » Author: DieselNut
Cool!  I will keep that in mind! It does seem like an interesting fixture.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies