Author Topic: Wanted: 80W BLB Mercury Lamp  (Read 2516 times)
BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Wanted: 80W BLB Mercury Lamp « on: September 10, 2012, 11:38:42 AM » Author: BG101
Does anyone have an 80W blacklight mercury lamp they can spare, or know where I could get hold of one? I've been searching for one for ages, not sure if they even exist! Costs met of course :)

Thanks,
Brian

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

Globe Collector

View Posts
View Gallery

Preserving the Brightest Ideas of Our Age

Re: Wanted: 80W BLB Mercury Lamp « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 10:06:57 PM » Author: Globe Collector
  I don't think that 80w woods glass lamps were ever made. All mine are 125w and I have one 400w Iwasaki one. Never seen any in any catalogues eithr.
   I once had a 175w self ballasted G.E.C. MBTW/V. It exploded when I lit it because the filament/arc tube structure had been bent and the filament was touching the bulb from the inside. I kept the pieces of wood's glass however and taped one large piece onto the side of an MB/U 250. I then covered the while MB/U in paper and tape.
   To use it SAFELY as a UVA source, I ran it in series with a 60-75w incandescent lamp, by doing this it did not run right up to full power, but I still got quite a bit of the 365nm line through the piece of MBTW/V bulb I had attached to it adjacent to the arc tube.

Manufactured articles should be made to be used, not made to be sold!

Fee, Fye, Fow, Fum, A dead man's eye and a parrot's BUM!

LightBulbFun

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: 80W BLB Mercury Lamp « Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 12:41:35 AM » Author: LightBulbFun
  I don't think that 80w woods glass lamps were ever made. All mine are 125w and I have one 400w Iwasaki one. Never seen any in any catalogues eithr.

well james has a nice 80W osram HQV http://lamptech.co.uk/Spec%20Sheets/Osram%20HQV80.htm

My other hobby is buses, especially the Routemaster (formerly Bulb Freak)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies