Author Topic: Concentric Ring Pendant lights  (Read 2292 times)
NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Concentric Ring Pendant lights « on: May 19, 2007, 07:00:42 PM » Author: NiMo
I'm curious about something.  For years, one of my favorite indoor fixtures have been an all-aluminum high wattage ceiling light.  They typically came in two sizes:  One (with all of the stylistic variations thereto) had three concentric rings and used up to 500-watt silvered bowl incandescent.  The other had four rings and used 750-1000 watt silvered bowl incandescents.  Does anyone know who manufactured them and what they're properly called?

Group Replacement, Baby

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Concentric Ring Pendant lights « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 06:37:53 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Hmm would you mind showing us a picture...This may help us?

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Concentric Ring Pendant lights « Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 02:31:53 AM » Author: Silverliner
Oh I remember those fixtures! My classroom had those with GE silver bowl lamps when I was 5. I believe those lamps were 500 watt (or maybe 300 watt). I recall one of the bulbs went out in the corner and one day it was replaced. It was MUCH brighter and whiter than the others cuz it had no blackening. Unfortunately I do not precisely know the technical name for them, but I vaguely remember them being called "schoolhouse fixtures".

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies