Author Topic: Is the Arlen Pulsestarter EFS600 suitable for series operation?  (Read 3329 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Is the Arlen Pulsestarter EFS600 suitable for series operation? « on: February 18, 2013, 04:29:15 PM » Author: dor123
When I called to Hasmal Yashir Haifa and Shaingout yesterday (17.2.2013 dd.mm.yy), to ask if they have electronic starters, Hasmal Yashir Haifa said yes, and when I asked for brands, they said Osram (I think they refered to the safety Osram glow starter with the thermal cutout, which in Israel, misleadingly recognised as an electronic starter).
Shaingout said me that they have Osram and Philips, so I understood that they confused between electronic starters and electronic ballasts. So I said them that I need electronic starters for use in magnetic ballasts, than they understood that I means "Pulsestarters".
They said me that they have only the EFS600 (The same ballast that lies inside Shaingout switchstart ballast for F96T12 HO-O).
Is the EFS600 suitable for series operation (Like 2x8W T5 or 2x20W T8)?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is the Arlen Pulsestarter EFS600 suitable for series operation? « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 05:03:14 PM » Author: Medved
As I understood the datasheet, it is for single configuration on 230VAC, so it won't work with any series combination.
So:
1x8W single OK
2x8W in series NOK

But if you would not have any other choice, you may replace the 180..200V Zener inside by some 90..100V one and after such adoption it would work for series pairs.
But of course not anymore for the higher voltage lamps (so no 36W,...)

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is the Arlen Pulsestarter EFS600 suitable for series operation? « Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 06:07:32 AM » Author: dor123
Thanks Medved.
So if I would find a bug zapper with a single lamp, so I could buy the EFS600 of Shaingout.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Is the Arlen Pulsestarter EFS600 suitable for series operation? « Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 10:06:53 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
You could try an EFS120 for 2-lamp series operation on 240v

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is the Arlen Pulsestarter EFS600 suitable for series operation? « Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 04:49:48 AM » Author: dor123
The EFS120 isn't sold in Israel I think. Shaingout only sells the EFS600.
Most israeli website that sells lamps and most sellers in shops or wholesales, misleading describes the Osram ST171/ST173 thermal cutout glow starter, as an electronic starter, or confuses between electronic starter and electronic ballasts (Before calling to Shaingout, I called to Hasmal Yashir Haifa, and asked them about electronic starters, which they said me that they have Osram, which in fact don't produces electronic starters at all).
Generally, electronic starters for fluorescent lamps, are relatively unknown in Israel.
An example for a common misleading description of the Osram ST171/ST173 as an electronic starter:
Amperel Google translated page
Amperel original hebrew page .

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies