Author Topic: Fixture collection  (Read 3612 times)
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Fixture collection « on: September 18, 2011, 02:10:33 AM » Author: Medved
Not mine, I find it on the YouTube:
I guess there is not much missing from what ever illuminated streets in the Czech republic in the 80's...

No more selfballasted c***

Lightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fixture collection « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 05:05:53 PM » Author: Lightguy
I love the light on the very right!!! =)

N.A. ;)

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fixture collection « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 02:35:08 AM » Author: Medved
I love the light on the very right!!! =)

Me too, it is usually called "Světluška" (fire-fly), as it evoke that bug (mainly with greened out MV inside... :-D)

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Fixture collection « Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 04:12:59 PM » Author: paintballer22
I like the one on the right and the double bulb ones as well.
slipperypete

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fixture collection « Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 12:09:01 AM » Author: slipperypete
Eat my voltage!

Bulb bans = Fascism

slipperypete

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fixture collection « Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 12:14:23 AM » Author: slipperypete
I like the one on the right and the double bulb ones as well.
I agree. They look cool.  But definitely the one on the right reminds me of NEMA heads ANd yardblaster buckets

Bulb bans = Fascism

lesliemorris85
Re: Fixture collection « Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 10:09:59 PM » Author: lesliemorris85
I also love lights most especially LED lights.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Fixture collection « Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 03:38:32 AM » Author: dor123
I hate LEDs in general lighting. There is an important factor in lighting that called "Reliability", which is often more important than energy efficiency, as the more reliable lamps, the least waste to be producted and the less lamps to be manufactured.
Today. the majority of LED lighting, have shorter life than incandescent lamps. This is because in this application, either the LEDs are overdriven to turn them into a point light sources of high brilliancy (LEDs aren't designed to be a point light source, like dishcarge lamps), and crowded to a small area to get the LED lamp/fixture/lantern smaller, resulting in a severe overheating (Worser in a low power 5mm regular LEDs, than with high power LEDs), and premature failure.
Also, there are also problems with the LEDs power supplies: Instead of an infinity life core and coil transformer (Similar to 12V halogen lamps) and only few components to transfer AC into DC and filter the flickering, they uses an electronic high frequency drivers, that are totally not different than a computer power supply unit. This results in the fixtures often blows before the LEDs themselves.
For me, fluorescent lamps on magnetic ballasts and mercury lamps, can have much longer life than LEDs, and are the real green choice.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fixture collection « Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 05:14:43 AM » Author: Medved

I think we will see them way more in the future...

And by the way welcome to the LG and best wishes to the new year...

lesliemorris85
Re: Fixture collection « Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 01:29:00 AM » Author: lesliemorris85
I hate LEDs in general lighting. There is an important factor in lighting that called "Reliability", which is often more important than energy efficiency, as the more reliable lamps, the least waste to be producted and the less lamps to be manufactured.
Today. the majority of LED lighting, have shorter life than incandescent lamps. This is because in this application, either the LEDs are overdriven to turn them into a point light sources of high brilliancy (LEDs aren't designed to be a point light source, like dishcarge lamps), and crowded to a small area to get the LED lamp/fixture/lantern smaller, resulting in a severe overheating (Worser in a low power 5mm regular LEDs, than with high power LEDs), and premature failure.
Also, there are also problems with the LEDs power supplies: Instead of an infinity life core and coil transformer (Similar to 12V halogen lamps) and only few components to transfer AC into DC and filter the flickering, they uses an electronic high frequency drivers, that are totally not different than a computer power supply unit. This results in the fixtures often blows before the LEDs themselves.
For me, fluorescent lamps on magnetic ballasts and mercury lamps, can have much longer life than LEDs, and are the real green choice.

Well that's your opinion, I see the success of LED lights 5 years from now.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies