Author Topic: Concern for PG17 & T17 in U.S.A.  (Read 1792 times)
DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

Concern for PG17 & T17 in U.S.A. « on: January 21, 2013, 01:07:49 AM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
Well, the PG17 and T17 lamps meet 2012 legislation, but Grainger has put them on clearance. Are they being discontinued?

8 foot VHO F96PG17CW

5 foot Watt Miser F90T17CW WM

5 foot instant start F40T17CW IS

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: Concern for PG17 & T17 in U.S.A. « Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 10:03:50 AM » Author: nogden
I sure hope not! Those lamps are all still listed on GE's Web site and there is no mention of them being discontinued. In the past, GE has been pretty good about notating lamps as being discontinued on their Web site, so presumably these are still in production.

I can't believe there is much demand for those lamps, especially F90T17. Who is still buying and using those lamps besides a few collectors? Someone must be buying them or GE would have dumped them long ago. Somewhere there must be a huge factory that is lit with banks and banks of T17 fixtures, we just need to figure out where it is!
LegacyLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Blake

Re: Concern for PG17 & T17 in U.S.A. « Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:51:42 AM » Author: LegacyLighting
Hi Luke and Nelson

According to that site, when you click the little "?" the pop-up seems to indicate that the item might be being discontinued. A great shame really.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Concern for PG17 & T17 in U.S.A. « Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 03:18:10 PM » Author: Silverliner
Well, the T17s and powergrooves came from the circleville, Ohio plant and I read rumors the factory may be facing the axe in the near future, although not yet slated to close which Ohio lamp and Ravenna lamp plants are.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies