Author Topic: inexpensive 20w CMH lamps  (Read 1579 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
inexpensive 20w CMH lamps « on: June 13, 2016, 08:44:03 PM » Author: Lumex120
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get inexpensive G12 metal halides in the 20w size. The cheapest I can find them online is around $25 but shipping costs bring them up to the $30-$40 range. I would appreciate if someone could find an inexpensive source for them, such as on ebay (I haven't found any cheap on ebay either). Does someone know where I could find them for cheap, ideally under $15 each including shipping? Possibly a case on ebay?

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: inexpensive 20w CMH lamps « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 10:31:58 AM » Author: wattMaster
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get inexpensive G12 metal halides in the 20w size. The cheapest I can find them online is around $25 but shipping costs bring them up to the $30-$40 range. I would appreciate if someone could find an inexpensive source for them, such as on ebay (I haven't found any cheap on ebay either). Does someone know where I could find them for cheap, ideally under $15 each including shipping? Possibly a case on ebay?
Likely a reason they don't have them is because it's relatively new technology, and the cheap mfgs. have not made it cheap enough for what you are looking for.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: inexpensive 20w CMH lamps « Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 04:56:54 PM » Author: Medved
The thing with HID is, all cost the same per piece. The reason is, the vast majority of the cost is the processing cost (that does not scale with the wattage), while the materials are cheap (only these scale with the wattage).

Against that the LED's became competitive with both the color quality, efficacy (the 20W CMH has barely 90..100lm/W without ballast and optics losses in the reflector assembly, the same is attainable with the LED's already including the ballast and include the optics), as well as being cheaper for the lower wattage packages (include the 20W or so), so as late as they came, the low wattage MH's had no commercial chance.

No more selfballasted c***

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: inexpensive 20w CMH lamps « Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 10:40:43 AM » Author: wattMaster
I remember this problem style somewhere...
Could you retrofit your fixture with LED? Seems like a logical solution now.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: inexpensive 20w CMH lamps « Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 01:50:09 PM » Author: Medved
Could you retrofit your fixture with LED? Seems like a logical solution now.

Retrofit not,
but replace, yes.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies