Author Topic: VERY SAD NEWS!!! general electric closing two lamp plants in usa in 2014  (Read 7000 times)
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: VERY SAD NEWS!!! general electric closing two lamp plants in usa in 2014 « Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 07:40:47 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I'm sad to see the old technologies go but I'm happy to see the new technologies progressing; they eventually will get better with time.  I dislike HPS for roadway lighting but it's pretty economical.  Although if it was up to me street/parking lot/area lighting would all be THE most efficient source: LPS! I'm a mostly-CFL and linear fluorescent user so the incandescent ban doesn't really affect me.  I have no problem with modern electronic T8 fluorescents but I like the old magnetic ones better I guess.  I have nothing against LED or induction streetlights, though I'm sad to see stuff like MV removed (Although I don't care about HPS; that's the one nice thing I like, induction and LED bring the MV days back as far as light color is concerned.  HPS cuts fog/precipitation which is good in many situations but I like the "moonlight" feel for a residential street.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies