Author Topic: OSRAM LED BULB  (Read 6648 times)
imj
OSRAM LED BULB « on: March 03, 2013, 11:02:57 PM » Author: imj
I'm not big on LED lighting so I waited pretty long before I decided to get this one form Osram been in the stores since end of last year thought I'd see how it lights compared to the Philips ones I installed. This one has varistor so it has a short delay <1s  before the light comes on and after that there is some-sort of switchover to something (light flickers like changeover relay)for split second I don't know what it is but it looks the same brightness. I tried it a second time same thing happened. Anyways the white body is cold I think it's metal and is as big as the old style incandescents not the newer compact ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCN5WSZfWpc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GHESEVB7tU

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 11:07:17 PM by imj » Logged
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: OSRAM LED BULB « Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 02:32:59 AM » Author: dor123
So this is the varistor that causes some LED lamps to wait for a brief time before turning on.
Varistors are usually used in surge protectors to absorb some of the HV surge and transfer it to the ground.

Also, why the titles in this and the other thread are all uppercase?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

imj
Re: OSRAM LED BULB « Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 05:31:04 AM » Author: imj
Deleted
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:04:37 PM by imj » Logged
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OSRAM LED BULB « Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 03:12:50 PM » Author: Ash
MOVs, NTCs. PTCs, ceramic disk capacitors and more all look similar to each other. Except that they do totaly different things

A MOV won't be used in a LED lamp and definitely not s a time delay. The delay is usually caused by a "soft start" feature of a SMPS chip (if used) and not a specific component
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OSRAM LED BULB « Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 04:09:44 PM » Author: Medved
Not as much the soft start, but more the general startup time of the controller.
Normally the controller is supplied from the transformer's auxiliary winding, but that supply is available only after the converter starts.
So initially the only supply the controller get is via rather high ohmic resistor (to keep the losses low during operation) charging the controller supply buffer capacitor (designed to provide enough power over the time, when the mains is insufficient around zero crosses).
Some controllers are able to control this startup current (so switch it off after the thing starts), so allow this initial current to be rather high without the power loss penalty (usually the lower power drivers, where the controller is integrated with the power switch on a single chip), but some (mainly the higher power ones, with separate controller and power FET chips) do not have this feature, so rely to the low current charge

No more selfballasted c***

imj
Re: OSRAM LED BULB « Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 11:51:14 PM » Author: imj
Deleted
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:04:12 PM by imj » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies