Author Topic: Miranda NG supports Skype protocol for instant messanging without require Skype  (Read 1841 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Miranda NG supports Skype protocol for instant messanging without require Skype « on: June 21, 2013, 03:52:07 PM » Author: dor123
Good news: My Miranda NG multi-protocol open instant messanging client, officially supports Skype protocol for instant messagnging, without the need for the Skype client (Voice and video calls are still not supported).
So every one that have Skype installed, can contact me (Instant messanging only) with my Skype name *Consered*, and I will use my Miranda NG for Chating.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 02:35:52 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Miranda NG supports Skype protocol for instant messanging without require Skype « Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 05:15:57 PM » Author: Ash
Mirianda is not the first program to support Skype in this way. Kopete for example support it too. Thing is, it works by including a Skype "black box" (a library in form of a .so or .dll file), so other than the UI, the other problems of using Skype are still present (spyware activities and so on) since it is to be assumed that all the same is being caried out in the library as well
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies