Author Topic: new f6t5/ttl from makeup mirror.both ends glow orange,wont start,bad from new.  (Read 3301 times)
toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

new f6t5/ttl from makeup mirror.both ends glow orange,wont start,bad from new. « on: March 14, 2013, 09:20:10 PM » Author: toomanybulbs
brand new in sealed box makeup mirror.clairol true to light lm7.
a friend bought it as a spare.her original from the 60's lost its bulbs a while back and i replaced them with the vitalites.
this new one was never used but the bulbs are dead.my first thought was leakers.these are tiawan made.others i have seen were ge.
could these have missed the mercury dose?the cathodes did not burn up even after i left them in a preheat strip 2 hours blinking.no sign whatsoever of striking.
i figured a leaker would lose its cathodes fast.
vitalites fixed this one too.wont even strike on a f32t8 is ballast.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: new f6t5/ttl from makeup mirror.both ends glow orange,wont start,bad from new. « Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 06:43:19 AM » Author: Ash
I seen some leaked lamps that dont blow the cathodes right away. Do those sstrike or anything on electronic ballast for somewhat larger lamps ?
toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: new f6t5/ttl from makeup mirror.both ends glow orange,wont start,bad from new. « Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 09:28:43 AM » Author: toomanybulbs
wont do anything on a t8 i.s. ballast.
well no biggie as my friend got it real cheap at a church sale.
takes 5 minutes to swap the tubes.she is happy!
seems these things bring big $$$$$ on ebay.
now i know why the movie production folks had me fix about 50 of these units.they are much nicer than the new cheap led things out there now.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: new f6t5/ttl from makeup mirror.both ends glow orange,wont start,bad from new. « Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 08:00:34 AM » Author: Ash
What else you expected ? Producers often know their way around lighting better than those LED contracors expect from them..... Anyway nice that you solved it
toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: new f6t5/ttl from makeup mirror.both ends glow orange,wont start,bad from new. « Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 08:29:33 AM » Author: toomanybulbs
one of the guys told me that its impossible to get makeup color to look the same under the led's as any other source because they exaggerate blues, mute cyan and fall off on the red end.looking at the spd for a typical white led shows this.the vitalites are not perfect but spd is much flatter with fewer peaks.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies