Author Topic: Exploding powerline  (Read 5327 times)
mr_big
Exploding powerline « on: June 29, 2007, 11:58:02 PM » Author: mr_big
Take a look definetly creepy :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTDjq6K-qM4
SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Exploding powerline « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 03:04:22 AM » Author: SeanB~1
Looks like the substation fuses were that famous wirewound type, so popular with some people.

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Exploding powerline « Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 11:26:32 AM » Author: FGS
Whoa! :o

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: Exploding powerline « Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 08:11:27 PM » Author: prawnman88
um man that scared the poop out of me is all i have to say and i bet the whole hood was in thte dark for a while also id be in my car screw walking threw thr front yard in the dark with that going pop pop
form109
Re: Exploding powerline « Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 12:48:26 PM » Author: form109
the powerlines were exploding because of those hps lights. ;D
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Exploding powerline « Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 05:55:46 PM » Author: lightman64
good thing those were HPS lights! hey, i wonder where that powerline was made. (it starts with a c)

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

form109
Re: Exploding powerline « Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 02:42:52 PM » Author: form109
your thinking china arent you?

maybe the pylon transformers,but i doubt that anything else on that line was made in china,after all the poles and wires can be obtained locally.
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Re: Exploding powerline « Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 11:13:42 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Is it just me or did that one HPS fixture try to reignite even after the wire burned off?

Same stuff, Different Day!

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Exploding powerline « Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 05:37:21 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I think the closest one was trying to reignite.....It looks like the photocell may have seen the flashes and shut off for a second causing it to hot restrike...but the others looks like it went off completely....now I am not sure if this wire also powers the light....but I also noticed the wire BEFORE that light didn't burn

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Exploding powerline « Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 02:52:00 PM » Author: lightman64
What would make this happen?

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

bluelights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Exploding powerline « Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 03:28:35 PM » Author: bluelights
hmm, explosive powerlines?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V3OZMW_45M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C72tisSnVGs
 ;D

"The orange cloud looks like floating nuclear waste."
Save the mercury lamp

Mr. Big
Re: Exploding powerline « Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 04:01:33 PM » Author: Mr. Big
On that second video it looks like they are shorting the line out, with how much power is going through that that wire was vaporized when they touched it to the line!  ;D
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies