Author Topic: Philips TL930 replacement  (Read 2808 times)
bulbous

View Posts
View Gallery

Philips TL930 replacement « on: May 28, 2013, 03:11:22 AM » Author: bulbous
It looks like Philips has phased out the their F32T8/TL930.
Any good suggestions for product lines that can be used as a replacement?
I'm having a very difficult time finding anything that has a similarly high CRI of 95.

On a side note, anyone know why these were pulled from their lineup?
Did they not have high enough luminous efficacy to meet new legislation or something?
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips TL930 replacement « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 03:41:27 AM » Author: Medved
The 90+CRI have lower limits, I don't think that would be a problem.
I would rather guess they were more expensive, so low selling, so insufficient volume to make the production profitable, so Philips backed out from this business...

No more selfballasted c***

bulbous

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips TL930 replacement « Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 04:20:27 PM » Author: bulbous
I would rather guess they were more expensive, so low selling, so insufficient volume to make the production profitable, so Philips backed out from this business...

It's unfortunate, but I can see how the market for residential T8 consumers who know they want high CRI lamps (or even what CRI means) and are willing to pay for it would be small.

Even more surprising is that Philips didn't seem to have had any competition for their TL9xx series. Are there really no alternatives currently produced?

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips TL930 replacement « Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 05:35:03 PM » Author: Medved
The lack of competition mean the business is not as much profitable.
The F32T8 2500lm (that is only my guess) output is quite too large for a dwelling room's lighting, there the ~600..1000lm packages are quite a maximum there.
And for a shop lighting the 9xx is quite an unnecessary luxury - there the regular 840 would do a better job.

Moreover the more intense lighting need rather higher CCT (otherwise it look unnaturally yellow), so I would guess the 940 or 956 would be of more use than the 930.
Bot I do not know anything about the success of those, though (from any maker)...

No more selfballasted c***

bulbous

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips TL930 replacement « Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 08:06:00 PM » Author: bulbous
The lack of competition mean the business is not as much profitable.
The F32T8 2500lm (that is only my guess) output is quite too large for a dwelling room's lighting, there the ~600..1000lm packages are quite a maximum there.

Well the F32T8TL930 only output 2000Lm initial / 1860Lm "design", so not really too bright for large residential interiors, plus they mixed well with incandescents/halogens.

And for a shop lighting the 9xx is quite an unnecessary luxury - there the regular 840 would do a better job.

Luxury lighting! If I had a shop, you know what I would use in it  ;D

Moreover the more intense lighting need rather higher CCT (otherwise it look unnaturally yellow), so I would guess the 940 or 956 would be of more use than the 930.
Bot I do not know anything about the success of those, though (from any maker)...

I broadened my F32T8 search, and found some references to a Westinghouse F32T8 TRITEN 950 (98 CRI), but those seem discontinued too.
Matt L

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips TL930 replacement « Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 08:44:32 PM » Author: Matt L
In regards to retail lighting, if you want to keep people in your shop and have them spend more money, use lots of light, high CRI, and high color temperature. (Google PG&E- Daylighting Initiative).

4100K lighting should be avoided in favor of 5000-7000K in most applications.

=[F40/MATT     }=

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies