Author Topic: Battery powered fluorescent desk lamp...lol  (Read 2496 times)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Battery powered fluorescent desk lamp...lol « on: September 24, 2013, 06:16:07 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Here's something I've never seen before, a battery powered 4 watt fluorescent desk lamp. It appears to be nothing more than one of those crap generic closet lights with a stand-thing adhered to it. In fact, the head looks exactly like one of those closet lights.

This is one of the crappiest looking things I've ever seen, right down to the cheesy gold paint. I'd be surprised if the stand is even made of metal. If anyone wants this, go right ahead; I sure as heck don't. The price is certainly right.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Unknown-Brand-Fluorescent-Battery-Operated-Desk-Lamp-Johnlite-Lamp-USED-/251346080476

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Battery powered fluorescent desk lamp...lol « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 02:22:55 AM » Author: dor123
The seller writes that this F4T5 desk lamp, made in Japan, where in fact, the lamp don't looks so.
He also writes that this is a vintage lamp, while this isn't looks the case.
Looks like an another eBay fraudulence.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Battery powered fluorescent desk lamp...lol « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 07:28:48 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
Yeah, it's definitely made in China, and within the past 20 years or so. I wouldn't say he's trying to be fraudulent; he simply has no clue what he's selling. He probably searched "fluorescent desk lamp" to look at prices, and saw that the majority of results were lamps indeed made in Japan.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Battery powered fluorescent desk lamp...lol « Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 08:31:51 AM » Author: dor123
But many people may being captured, when they would buy this lamp.
There are no reasons that he willn't know where this lamp made.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Battery powered fluorescent desk lamp...lol « Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 11:56:51 PM » Author: funkybulb
It look like something age up from home cheapo

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Cavannus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Battery powered fluorescent desk lamp...lol « Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 10:12:00 AM » Author: Cavannus
I even don't think it was ever sold as is, it looks home made to me. I rather expect that the seller himself made it using one of these cheap closet light we know plus gold paint, or someone else did it and the seller found it in a flea market.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Battery powered fluorescent desk lamp...lol « Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 01:57:51 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
The items were owned by an amateur radio enthusiast, so it's very possible it was home made. Never thought of that!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies