Author Topic: Legal 100 Watt incandescents  (Read 4846 times)
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Legal 100 Watt incandescents « Reply #15 on: December 25, 2013, 01:54:48 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
SLI gets my choice.  I lost faith in Feit long long ago. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Legal 100 Watt incandescents « Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 02:23:10 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Because some of the 35 watt HPS fixtures for the outside of one of my church buildings are a real pain to re-ballast and fit an ignighter in and put back together to fit flush on the brick wall, the building mechanics for the church ripped out the ballast guts on a few of the fixtures and made it so that it can run standard incandescent bulbs instead.  This is what they are using in the fixtures now for the fixtures that have bad HPS ballasts :)

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Legal 100 Watt incandescents « Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 02:25:32 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
FYI already one has burned out and I estimate it only got about 4000 hours if even that on it.   

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Legal 100 Watt incandescents « Reply #18 on: December 25, 2013, 05:03:43 AM » Author: Michael
The market is dominated by cfls and eco-halogen lamps but like in other countries LED is gaining its way forward.

Only a few special incandescent bulb types remains on the market for domestic costumers like reflector, mirror, small refrigerator lamps and linear double ended lamps up to 75W as they are not affected by the bulb ban for now.

So Switzerland is being affected by the bulb ban almost the same like european countries.

All basic incandescent lamps which are made and sold by Righi Licht AG must not be sold to the public. They are meant for "professional purposes"!

As I can order these bulbs through my father's company I'm still able to buy these lamps for my own and my freinds home.

What is the dominating replacement bulb in Switzerland? Hope not CFLs. Can you still get any type of incandescent in a regular store?

Sounds like Switzerland just jumped on the bulb ban. 
jrmcferren

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Legal 100 Watt incandescents « Reply #19 on: December 25, 2013, 07:51:53 PM » Author: jrmcferren
In Israel, the dominating replacement bulb is the CFL and the LED. CFLs replaces here HIDs as well.

Here in the USA there are some mercury installations being converted to CFL as well. In my area the local car wash converted from Mercury to CFL. The brightness and quality of light increased dramatically. These retrofits are simple for 120 volts. Ballast and capacitor (if used) is disconnected and the lampholder is connected to where the primary of the ballast (ballasts are of a transformer design) then screw in the big CFL. No lampholder change required.
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Legal 100 Watt incandescents « Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 04:51:41 AM » Author: Michael
In our town we are replacing small MV 50W and 80W with 27W / 33W cfls. They do thier job not bad for now...
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Legal 100 Watt incandescents « Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 05:01:00 AM » Author: Medved
@monkeyface: The question is, for how long... But shame is, there is no other option today...

No more selfballasted c***

Keyless

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Legal 100 Watt incandescents « Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 01:58:57 PM » Author: Keyless
Because some of the 35 watt HPS fixtures for the outside of one of my church buildings are a real pain to re-ballast and fit an ignighter in and put back together to fit flush on the brick wall, the building mechanics for the church ripped out the ballast guts on a few of the fixtures and made it so that it can run standard incandescent bulbs instead.  This is what they are using in the fixtures now for the fixtures that have bad HPS ballasts :)

I have done that myself more than once. My old neighborhood has 50 and 100 watt HPS post lights that kept losing ignitors. In order to get to the ballast the entire fixture needed to be taken apart. In the end they would just bypass the ballast and stick a long life incandescent and latter CFLs in them. Worked out better that way in the end.

How are Aero tech bulbs btw?   
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Legal 100 Watt incandescents « Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 09:04:26 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Not too sure on their reliability yet.  I'll wait and see how the others that were installed along with the one that already died do.  If I can get a full year out of them with them coming on at night via photocell and going off at dawn, I'd be happy. 

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies