Author Topic: [FOUND] Ash Flash Discoverer V  (Read 1479 times)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
[FOUND] Ash Flash Discoverer V « on: March 08, 2014, 07:45:53 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Hi all,

For a couple of years now I've been on the lookout for an Ash Flash Discoverer V, a portable fluorescent lantern from the 1970s. You can see a few pictures here:

http://www.colemancollectorsforum.com/post/flashlight-friday-6019191

If you see one at a thrift store or wherever, or you have one you'd like to get rid of, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:02:16 AM by TheMaritimeMan » Logged

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: [FOUND] Ash Flash Discoverer V « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 12:08:25 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
I'm pleased to announce that after almost two years of looking, I just bought one on eBay.  ;D Untested, but appears to be in immaculate condition, and, although I'm not sure, it looks like it might have the original USA-made GE F8T5/CW lamps! All in all I'll have paid $26.50 to get it, which isn't bad for a slightly rare lantern, and with two (hopefully) vintage lamps to boot! I've seen these go for upwards of $50. They apparently have some sort of following because every one I've ever seen on eBay sold immediately, sometimes with bidding wars. As it is I outbid someone else to get this one.

I'll get to see it when I arrive home for the summer on April 29. Take a look!  :D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:40:06 PM by TheMaritimeMan » Logged

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies